1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about buying tickets

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by joesr, Nov 4, 2009.

1. joesr

joesr Member

Haven't been to a game before and honestly moving down to Houston I considered being able to go to games a extreme perk.

But money became an issue.

Well now I have a chance to get some tickets and was wondering if they do deal yet. Like last year didnt that have family packs.

I got 2 kids and the wife. One of the questions is, are the kids basically adult prices as well even though they are 3 and 5. I understand a seat is a seat. But is there a sit on my damn lap fee?

(baahaha, the only thing he will understand is seeing Clutch the Bear scare little kids on youtube)

Another question are deals. Family pack in effect yet?

do tickets work as air lines tickets and and get more expensive as games draw closer?

I was thinking the Memphis game next Wednesday (Wednesday and Thursday are days off). (wife used to watch the phillies back in the day and USED to like AI...)

Can someone give me an idea on how much I will spending after tickets? (Ie parking, food and drinks)

One thing in the past that always stopped me from just buying those cheaper tickets (ie ten dollars) was being worried about seeing anything. Farther and all, anyone care to give me there experiences from those seats?

Sorry clutchfans but I hope my newb questions isnt too much, but I thought who else better to answer them but the clutch family.

2. joesr

joesr Member

Oh yeah and how bad is parking and traffic? How early should I get there, jeez too much to ask!

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Traffic really isn't that bad at all.

As for parking, You'll probably want to park about 5-6 blocks away, and make sure its after 6 PM so you don't have to pay the meter fees.

You can park in the garage for 15 bucks I think, you can park right across from the center for 20 then a block away for 15, 2 blocks away 10, 3 blocks away 5 bucks, etc.

Ticket prices usually come down in price the closer to game time. Check stubhub or flashseats.com for more info.

As for concessions, beer is about 7.50 a bottle, sodas If I recall are about 4 bucks.

A family pack is usually is a good idea, because you usually get a very reasonable deal on 4 seats + I believe you also get vouchers for hot dogs and sodas.

As for the cheap seats, even if you are sitting upper deck, you can still see the action pretty well. I'd probably avoid the uppers that are directly behind the basket, but the ones in the corners you can still see fairly well from.

Hope this helps.

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Policy is kids under 36" get in free. Over requires a full seat. I'm sure your 5 y/o needs a ticket. Your 3 y/o probably could squeeze by w/o a ticket unless the kid is big for his/her age.

Get there before 7 (for a 7:30 tipoff) and you can usually park for free on the street. Otherwise, park 4-5 blocks away and you can find several $5 lots.

Eat before you get there. Food and drink will prob cost you $35+ for the family.

If you get there early, go to the upper deck with the kids. There is a whole playzone with a slide and other activities. Before weekend games there are often many activities outside as you enter that kids would enjoy.

How you handle not buying a Clutch doll from the Rocket shop ...I'll let you figure that one out. ;) Start out by avoiding even walking by the shop.

5. joesr

joesr Member

This play zone, can i still view the game from that area or is there monitor or would I just be sucking it up for that moment, bleh.

lol, have to get a souvenir the first time, right! lol

6. joesr

joesr Member

Helps a lot, thxs!

I tried calling to see if I can get the Lakers game tonight but alas no family pak so I didnt think they had them available yet. but after looking, I saw that Memphis Game has them so I guess I have to do it in advance?

80 dollars for four with kids shirt and kids meal, I definitely can do that. But not that 200 plus that phone guy wanted :(

7. joesr

joesr Member

Gonna go with that McD's family pack next Wednesday. Thanks guys for the info!

8. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

have a great time man, family pack isnt bad at all with the food/drinks included