1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about air flights

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocksMillenium, Jul 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I have a question. I've never flown before and my mother and sister and I are planning on taking a trip to Hawaii either at the end of the year or the beginning of next year. We're flying from Cincinnati, OH and I was wondering if anyone had an idea how much round trip tickets would cost? Thanks!

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Could be $800 - $1000. You can easily go to a site like Orbitz or Travelocity and see the actual fares.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

All depends on date and time you're flying in and out. Usually cheaper to fly on weekdays. Also depends on if its around public holidays. Depends on which website you use.

SO many factors.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah just look at some airlines' sites or an aggregator like bobrek said.

Also, that's probably a long ass flight. Might want to look into flying to San Fran, staying there a night, then flying to Hawaii (Oahu) from there which is about 4 hours.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

$1.

but seriously...you can just google flights to hawaii and search on the different airlines sites.

going on off days is a good way to knock some money off, like leaving and/or coming back during the middle of the week versus towards the weekend.

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

http://flights.google.com

Best interface I've used for searching. Southwest isn't supported though

7. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

The cheapest you can get out of CVG is $900 in mid-Jan. Cincinnati to Honolulu on American Airlines, with one layover in Dallas both ways. Total travel time is ~12 hours each way.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you find a great deal, RocksMillenium, strongly consider booking the flights and locking in the cost. We've done that sort of thing before, and as the time for our trip came closer, watched with satisfaction as the cost of our flights increased, again and again. One other thing. Whatever airline you end up taking, before you book, check to see if they charge for checked luggage. We recently took a trip out of the country, had a great fare on United (booked well in advance), and discovered that our two checked bags cost us $52 bucks... each way.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

October/Early November is the best time to fly to Hawaii price wise.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

air flights as opposed to ground flights, i get it

1 person likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Where'd you go that they charged? I ask because Delta doesn't charge for International baggage fees as long as you aren't going to Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean.

@RocksMillenium - you should also check on Airline rewards credit cards. Some have it such that you get one checked bag free (regardless of where you're going) if you are a card member.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We flew into Cancun on our way to Isla Mujeres. The baggage fee wasn't a huge deal for us (the flight itself was excellent - not a sardine can), but for those on a tight budget, getting surprised by those fees, if the airline charges them, can be an unpleasant surprise.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol. i came to reply this...but i figured clutchfans wouldn't disappoint.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha, leave him alone! I'm assuming he's a pretty young guy. Have fun in Hawaii, RocksMillenium. Also, try out hipmunk.com, flights.google.com, travelocity, cheapairfare, and a bunch of others before booking. But, as Deckard said, you'll save more money the sooner you book, so if you already know your dates, you might as well start looking now.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Same.