1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Queen: Adam Lambert to replace Freddie Mercury

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by basso, Feb 3, 2012.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently...

He's paid his dues ... time after time ... and now Adam Lambert says he's been chosen to replace Freddie Mercury as the new lead singer of the legendary rock band Queen!!!!

Lambert KILLED IT with the band when he rocked out a rendition of "We Are The Champions" with the guys at the "American Idol" finale back in 2009 ... the first time he ever met the band.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WWaLxFIVX1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Raven

Raven Member

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Queen have denied it. (I read it on the Internet so it must be true. link)

I thought that Queen and AL were looking for a one-off concert/recording. Nothing more.

#4 No Worries, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  5. No Worries

Just googled it.

Clutchcity got the sixth result, so yall be careful what you say.

<hr/>
    Adam Lambert Joining Queen: Singer Teaming Up With Brian May And Roger Taylor

Adam Lambert has quite the pair of shoes to fill -- the American Idol winner claims he's replacing Freddie Mercury as Queen's frontman.

"The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f*****g great songs," Lambert told the Daily Star. It's to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of."

While he's looking forward to teaming up with 64-year-old guitarist Brian May and 62-year-old drummer Roger Taylor, Lambert insists he'll be honoring Mercury's memory.

"There's no intention in my mind of replacing Freddie. That's impossible," Lambert said of Mercury, who died in 1991.

While this may come as a surprise to die-hard Queen fans, Taylor had spoken highly of Lambert back in December.

"He has grown into a really great performer with an astonishing voice with a range that's great," the drummer told Billboard. "There's nothing signed just yet but we're talking about live dates. It could be very exciting."

Spinner notes that this is not the first time someone has taken Mercury's place in the band -- Paul Rodgers did a five year stint with the band that ended in 2009 (the band went by the name of Queen + Paul Rodgers). Guitarist Brian May even flirted with the idea of Lady Gaga joining the famed rock group.

#5 No Worries, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Rofl, I always confuse him with Andy Samberg.

At first was thinking wtf.

Lambert is good but nobody can replace Freddie Mercury.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Glad to see that John Deacon wants none of this. I like and respect May and Taylor, but come on guys - Paul Rodgers wasn't that bad but not a good fit and now Adam Lambert?? Just give it up or call your "new" band some other name than "Queen". Let's retire the "Queen" name - it would be the most respectful thing to Freddie and his family. Sheesh.

1 person likes this.
  8. No Worries

Queen with Rodgers fronting them toured under the moniker "Queen + Paul Rodgers", to address the very issue you raised. If Adam Lambert tours with Queen, I would not be surprised to see the moniker "Queen + Adam Lambert".

9. Prince

Prince Member

Queen Adam.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJ9rUzIMcZQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJ9rUzIMcZQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Queen = ****ing Awesome

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I know that. I'm saying that either call your band something else besides Queen (I'm sorry but adding "Paul Rodgers" or whoever else at the end doesn't make a difference because "Queen" still comes first) or just retire. It is like May and Taylor are hedging their bets that no one will buy their records or go to their shows without them having "Queen" in the name.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

If true, he would be a good fit. His tone is similar to that of Freddie Mercury and he is definitely a theatrical performer like Freddie was.

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

It should have been Marc Martel. But I guess they already have him on that Queen Extravaganza tour.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dREKkAk628I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

To bad George Michael working with Queen would have been EPIC. Sadly it never happen.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mSKhIyQ5PpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Queen will never be Queen without Freddie Mercury. If you are a Queen fan, do yourselves a favor and check out these guys. You might hate them, as I first did with Queen, but they'll grow on you.

I present to you......Foxy Shazam. One of the best bands out there right now. From watching videos, these guys are also one of the craziest live bands out there.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFt3OqmGSbI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFt3OqmGSbI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tg4CPaKzSUU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tg4CPaKzSUU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeyKsWyhHG8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeyKsWyhHG8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

1 person likes this.
  16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
    You're gonna go far, you're gonna fly high,
    You're never gonna die, you're gonna make it if you try;
    they're gonna love you.
    Well I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.
    The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.
    Oh by the way, which one's a Queen?
    And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
    we call it Riding the Gravy Train.

We're just knocked out.
    We heard about the sell out.
    You gotta get an album out,
    You owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.
    Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
    It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster
    if we all pull together as a team.
    And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
    we call it Riding the Gravy Train.

2 people like this.
  17. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

^THIS

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wow, you're right.... they're really good and very much like Queen. Never heard of them before but I'll certainly check them out now. Thanks for the post

19. ashiin

ashiin Member

I agree about Foxy Shazam, their live performances are bat**** insane. Only problem is that it's so insane that the singer basically wears the **** out of his voice every gig and that's not a good thing.

Their earlier stuff are more My Chemical Romance, but I love love Foxy Shazam and recommend them all day every day.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ghost Animals is my favorite song.

I love watching their live videos. Saw one where Eric Sean Nally (the singer) climbed on the rafters above the stage and hung upside down about 15 feet above the stage swinging, while the band played for like 2 minutes, then he just jumped down to the stage.

Another video, he stole one of the hi-hats (I think that's what it was...I don't know drums), put it one his head, and was standing in front of the drummer as the drummer was hitting it.

Basically, as I've heard the lead singer say before, their live shows are essentially just a competition to see which band member can get the most attention. I want to see them live some day. Definitely on my list of two or three bands that I want to see live.

Sorry for thread jacking.