1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QFTOS: (Jeremy Lin Edition) *for entertainment purposes only*

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Nov 2, 2013.

1. tada

tada Member

We should be making fun of LA and OKC fans instead... That should be more productive and entertaining...

2. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Both sides got too much time on their hands. It's entertaining, though. Haha.

3. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Going to a die-hard Lin forum to get even-handed opinions is like coming here for impartial opinions on Lin on here. Neither are representative of the ordinary Rockets fan, the average Lin fan nor basketball fans in general. With many people on this forum deliberately trying to troll LOFs, it's understandable some hold acrimony towards the Rockets or its fans. I'm what people here call a LOF but don't share the same anti-Rockets attitude some other LOFs have. I don't believe some of the LOH trolls on this forum represent Rockets fans as a whole so don't assume all LOFs are like the vulgar posters in OP's post. If Clutch would delete threads deliberately baiting LOFs and LOHs, then people can focus more on Rockets as a whole. It's not just LOHs who are tired of excessive Lin threads.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are there any other NBA Player Fan Forum where posters openly wish teammates to be injured, stay injured, or fail?

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Seriously?? Did you just state that the Jazz crew offered insights??? About the Jazz maybe, but they knew next to nothing about how the Rockets play and their player tendencies. I could have done a better job and I hate speaking in public.

For all the complaining some of yall do about Bill and Bull, at least they arent as clueless as Harpring and that other guy. When a Rocket player makes a mistake or a bad play, B&B will admit it and talk about what they should have done.

sadly...yes. yaomingmania.net

6. kakaman

kakaman Member

It's not that uncommon. Lakers fans wished Pau would stay injured last season bc he didn't really fit with Dwight. Fans can be unreasonable, that's why they are called fans (short for fanatic).

7. vlaurelio

apples to oranges

team fans: team first
    player only fans: player first

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I think it's pretty uncommon. Fans might wish the coach to get fired or player to be traded but I've never heard anyone wish any player to get injured. The quotes are indeed entertaining bececause it makes you realize such idiotic people do exist.

9. tada

tada Member

NBA is becoming more of Player league. Look at Lebron and Kobe, I guarantee you that more fans are following them as fans then their respective teams... Sad state, but truth as it becomes more global game...

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The only time I have wished injury on someone was two weeks ago when Jamal Charles took out Brian Cushing... I was cursing alot!

11. vlaurelio

yeah but are their fans commonly wishing that their teammates get injured?

12. lfw

lfw Rookie

Sorry, but after Bull said that AB can start for 25 other teams. No. Just no.

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I was shocked that Bullard said this. So Aaron Brooks is a top-5 or top-6 PG in the entire NBA? I guess Bullard does not value defense, passing, or intangibles too much, which would be consistent with his own game. This one is right up there with Drexler's comment a few games ago that the reason that Lin and Bev could play together in the backcourt is because Bev has enough size enough to guard shooting guards.

1 person likes this.
  14. Gil

Gil Member

Who cares?

As long as they don't post that crap here why does anyone care?

Stop pretending over-zealous fans like this don't exist everywhere. Just a couple of weeks ago Texan fans were cheering Schaub getting injured. Doesn't mean our entire fanbase consists of idiots.

Again, why isn't this thread locked? All it does it increase the animosity between LOF's and Rocket fans and pollute the board even further. Not only that but it casts Lin in a bad light.

15. kakaman

kakaman Member

Go to a Miami heat forum, there were so many 2010ers who said D Wade needs to be benched, he's holding back Lebron, etc etc. It happens everywhere.

16. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Pretty sure this thread is not locked because it supports the CF meme that the average Lin fan is crazy. Self-fulfilling prophecy in this case, but where would we be without people to hate? In some sort of idealistic, Utopian future and who wants that?

17. vlaurelio

benched <> injured

18. kakaman

kakaman Member

I mean, Wade is pretty much always injured now. Still, the Lebron stans are so disrespectful, Miami is and always will be Wade's team. A little different from asking Beverly to be benched.

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Very few (one or two) posters said such thing at the Lin Fan site you are referring to. In fact, a majority of posters strongly condemned such remarks. In fact, a big percentage of the posters are Christians, so they roundly condemned such posts.

By the way, I also notice here at CL site some posters post openly racists remarks on Lin.

I am all for coach Mac trying out Bev at the starting PG spot, but I do wish that coach Mac would allow Lin to handle the ball more as a PG and have Harden play as a SG for some games -- whether he starts or comes off the bench -- just to see. Right now, Bev, Brooks or Harden all seem to play PG role when they are playing with Lin.

20. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Agreed. Just ignore them.