1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QAnon warrior attacks Target

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 5, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...c-new-heights-fueled-viral-anti-mask-n1236695

How QAnon rode the pandemic to new heights — and fueled the viral anti-mask phenomenon
    Researchers and experts say QAnon has emerged in recent months as a sort of centralized hub for conspiracy and alternative health communities.

More at the link above

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This Presidency is a shame. It has only brought out the very worst in people.

And it's odd. Those who believe in this QAnon garbage....the 4chan, 8chan, whatever (I think; after all, I don't read the stuff, I read those are the locations of fresh conspiracy landfills) generally look and sound pretty normal. Scratch the surface? Get them talking? The coworker you otherwise liked just revealed utmost belief in this things, and that "so many of us just don't see it".

I haven't lived overseas in a long while, so I can't call this a unique American phenomenon. But given FOX News, Rush Limbaugh ("it's called Covid-19 because it's the 19th coronavirus!"), and the like. you can see how the biggest disease this country has is absolute irredeemable stupidity.

"Then why don't you leave?" I hear from the cheap seats.

Because I love my country, for all its flaws. Run away and you find other problems. There is a generosity and openness of spirit here. But damn, you can sway people with the simplest of Jedi mind tricks.

#22 ROXTXIA, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“Ask not what the country can do for you but what you can do for the country...”

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Most of this forum was all in on the Russia collusion conspiracy.

I've never met anyone irl who has even heard of QAnon, much less believes it.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

It's everywhere, here's a story about how the Russians spread their disinformation. They push so much out there just hoping for something to stick and go viral...most of it fizzles, but all they need to do is hit on one or two things to make an impact.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/16/8781...-campaign-that-operated-in-the-shadows-for-6-

Study Exposes Russia Disinformation Campaign That Operated In The Shadows For 6 Years

More at the link above

The problem is, how do you truly stop it? Should we look into sanctioning their information flow...basically blocking their IPs from transmitting to the US? Problem with that is that you wouldn't be blocking just them, but academics and researchers from those countries as well...not to mention that they'd find ways around it (VPN to another country would be the easiest way). And, that won't stop the folks that are in country doing the same thing.

Honestly, the best way is education...teach people how to filter news and disinformation...maybe look at creating stronger disinformation filters (although, if its government created, freedom of speech issues come into play). Problem is, the subset of our population that has fallen victim to these disinformation campaigns (whether from abroad, or from our own president) is large. @Os Trigonum posted something recently on how to get through to those people, but it's such a fragile process that can be undone easily.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QAnon should be labeled a terrorist group

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Good for her, standing up for her Constitutional rights.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Playing a schtick in that she and probably a majority of these women are also trying to figure out how to get online followers without doing ASMR or something.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What can I follow on Instagram that is related to qanon? I like to keep an eye on the direct source.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fixed

We have a fine crop of lunatics and narcissists this time around. I was watching an interview where a foreign Conservative was musing how the most counterproductive thing to fix police was to trash the people that needed a better attitude and talent to reform.

Makes sense that you don't fling poo at the people who you rely on to save your ass at the most crucial moment...

Same with politicians. The public treats the job as terrible or kraven that we end up recruiting people with those traits.

#30 Invisible Fan, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who's going to attack Target next?

Pfuji Film?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member