1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q and A with Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Feb 7, 2009.

1. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

this guy knows how to ask qs lol

2. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Nice find on the "leverage" discussion durvasa. It's interesting to see how they analyze the players and their effectiveness.

This was both disturbing and not surprising. I think we can all agree, without the metrics, that this team is not clutch. At least not now.

3. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i think he might be referring to moments like rockets with a lead in the 4th, or rockets climbing back after being down in the fourth.

let's just say in those situations, rockets either blew the lead OR fell short during the comeback...

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Based on point differential and time remaining and the quality of each team, you can calculate probability of winning the game. I imagine that "high leverage moments", in this case, is referring to those possessions where a score will swing the probability of winning the most.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Most underrated offseason acquisition:

fritz145

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Bibby spent years building a reputation for being clutch. He was never a good defender or playmaker, but his ability to score all over the floor in any situation was definitely feared. It would apply to any team.

Hinrich is not that good. He plays a lot like *gasp* Rafer, except that his shot goes in just a bit more consistently. He's pretty streaky himself. Those guys need to be reigned in and not look for their shot too much. We need someone like Delonte West or Fisher, someone who excels defensively and is money with the three ball. Those guys are leaders despite being role players.

Oh, and they're a LOT cheaper than Hinrich.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I just want a dead eye shot maker at the PG spot. I'm hoping Brooks can be that guy, but he's just been too up and down.

I look at what Mo Williams did for Cleveland's historically mediocre offense. That's the kind of player I want. Jason Terry is the best comparable I can think of, but I don't think he's obtainable.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, I can not argue with you about that, I actually agree there are better fits, but I think Hinrich is about the only attainable one.

My personal favorite choice would be Bibby, but for a young guy Sessions from Milwaukee, but I don't think we can get either of them.

DD

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Clutch is key to the Rockets... if only someone could help fix us... maybe we need to call up a former coach and ask him to consult for a week... cough* Rudy T...