1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A With Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 10, 2013.

1. verysimplejason

I think I agree with you on that. It's just that McHale's system is a so different from Phil's. I find his system does have more similarities to a PG driven system at least last season. Let's see this upcoming season...

2. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

I think the source of defense problem is from Harden.

3. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Mod appears to be another Lin Fan boy. Big surprise. This whole forum is a Lin circle jerk.

1 person likes this.
  4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lin/Bev's defense has nothing to do with Harden. Lin/Bev's defense still has room to improve and Hardens defense, though it can put more pressure on our pgs, is a separate issue.

5. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

That's the main problem. No matter how good you can defense, you can't defense two opponents at the same time. Defense is teamwork.

though Lin/Bev's defense has room to improve is absolutely correct.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden has nothing to do with PBev or Lin's weakness in defending their men..

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The source of our defensive problem last year was that Omer couldn't play 48 minutes a game. Almost everyone on the team needs to improve, but our defense was great when Omer was in and suffered when he was out since we had no backup. We addressed that problem if I remember correctly.

8. Ultimate6thMan

Dude or dudette, whatever you are, you need to be treated like a disease and medicated. You are like a cancer! :mad:

Rockets are in championship mode, and all you can do is hate on one of our players that the organization thinks enough of to put on two major billboards! :rolleyes:

Get a life and go back to NY or wherever you came from and leave Texas and Rockets fans in peace.

1 person likes this.
  9. pippsux

pippsux Member

Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to your starting Point guard. You can quote me..

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Bye ;)

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wouldn't place the blame solely on any one player. I'd say it was more of a combination of Harden and Lin not really putting as much defensive effort that we needed at the moment. They were a little offset by it towards the end of thr season.

13. MonKing

MonKing Member

Suicide by mod.

14. Moleb

Moleb Member

Repped ( if i could ) :p

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Great attitude, ironic how he mentions he wants to be a defensive anchor - which he already was - and we will see him attack more - which he already did a lot of last year. Can't wait to see his improvement! Also nice to hear him praise Reggie, Brewer and the big men! Wasn't Greg Smith always in great shape though?

16. coffeelover665

Luckytzn is a man of an older generation. Now had he directed this hate at Lin 5-8 months ago, it is blindly justified. Now, with the acquisition of Howard, almost no one is thinking of Lin's "trashiness" but rather, we're thinking about the dream of grasping that cup once more. Please, begone, leave behind that bigotry and just enjoy the team. And I shall sound off with this quote and hope you reflect on your childish trollish ways.

"In order to carry a positive action, we must leave here with positive vision"

-dalai lama

17. jocar

jocar Member

Yes, this statement by fchowd is idiotic.

^The only time hustle and effort gets made fun of in this forum is by some fanboy who is trying to prop up Jeremy by taking the others down. Beverley can't be good at defense, but Lin can be Gary Payton's protege'/Steve Nash in the making, though, right?.

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I hate to do this and defend those statements but it only came as a result of people dogging Lin in a Bev thread. I know you want people to just take the crap thrown Lin's way but you gotta admit some of these haters are trolling and running rampant. Still, knock the ijut hater, not our own players I say.

19. verysimplejason

I seldom post for Lin. I'm a fan of every Rockets player especially Otis. I don't know about you but I just want a fair treatment for every Rockets player and your sniping is simply unfair. Go and report your case to the MOD and we'll see who's right.

20. verysimplejason

No. Bev isn't Rondo but I like Bev more than Rondo even if he's a a tier lower than Rondo. I still believe Bev can improve his shooting so he'll be the perfect role player that Rockets need. He may not be a quality starter caliber player but he can be a very good sixth man if he develops more.