1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin addresses American people in NY Times -- he pimp slaps and humiliates Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ridiculous strawman... my question still remains. You are criticizing him not for playing golf (that was yesterday's complaint) or that he played golf today (that was this morning's complaint), but that he was playing golf with celebrities.

Tomorrow, he could play at a muni course, and you will complain on how that inconvenienced the public.

As I said, ridiculous.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I miss putin when he was in megadeath

[​IMG]

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Oh please. It's one thing to criticize your own president; it's another thing to support a rival country leader's attack against your president.

If China/Russia/North Korea ever lambasted Bush for invading Iraq based on false assumptions on the WMD, it's not like we were going "ZOMG Bush just got pimp slapped!"

4. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

How many teacbers and soiders does the freakin president encounter. you guys will sayanything.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I myself have never encountered either of those , must be rare

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I think I missed that Dungeons & Dragons module. :( Sounds kind of cool, except teacbers sound pretty powerful -- probably the game ender if you don't have someone with some spells.

1 person likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One positive from this whole situation has been the entertainment value of watching the Putin jock sniffing by li'l t, Commodore, and wingnuts all over the country.

Did anyone see the reports of Rohrabacher, a Republican congressman from CA, talking about Putin's "unbelievable" muscles?
    "He's a little guy, but boy, I'll tell ya: He put me down in a millisecond. He is tough, his muscles are just unbelievable."

There is something really weird about the Putin fanboyism on the right.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There is a lot of suppressed homoeroticism on the right... pressurized, if you will. It is exploding for Putin. (Obligatory) Folks, this is real.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Soider gooz greht weth potehtoes.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Whether you like it or not, this Putin regime is much smarter than the Obama situation. And you wouldn't want to see them go toe to toe.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I know you didn't intend to be funny, but this ranks as one of the most hilarious things I've read in this forum. Congratulations.

13. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I just hope obama doesnt look into his eyes

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What is really sad is that we have people so ideologically opposed to our president that they are willing to hypocritically change their views to remain in opposition.

And benchwarmer, I see where you get your moniker. America would crush Russia, militarily and economically.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Define "crush militarily". Going "toe to toe" with Russia implies full scale war and not a proxy war, which means the continental USA is a war zone. No matter what happens in Russia we would be assured of massive civilian loss of life and infrastructure damage.

In Russia:
    All of our heavily researched war plans are out the window considering they entailed rolling tanks across Europe to defend a strike against NATO.
    Our Navy would be our biggest advantage but you better hope the war doesn't go through a winter because the Northern Sea Route will be a massive advantage we can't use. That will keep their supply lines open AND greatly hamper our Carrier strike groups which means....
    Russia would retain air superiority of their homeland making any amphibious assault impossible.

tl;dr You're wrong and Benchwarmer is right

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on initial thought, i would agree. but thinking about it further...

militarily - russia would be able to stomach casualties at an exponentially higher rate than us. the average russian is staunchly nationalistic and frankly, has little to lose. there's also a famous russian saying that translates something to the effect of "just give a russian soldier 100grams of vodka, and he's ready to march into battle and die"

economically - they aren't drowning in trillions upon trillions of debt like us, they're sitting on the world's largest landmass as well as largest proven natural resources, their population is highly educated, and they aren't overextended having to fund 1000 military bases around the world

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Commodore is a low information voter.

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of you are wrong. In a full scale war both us and Russia would be crushed because of MAD.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

90% of Republicans don't know a thing about macroeconomics, but that doesn't stop them from thinking they are geniuses and that things like quantitative easing shouldn't be done, because they are smarter than the Fed Reserve.

I mean, seriously?