1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin addresses American people in NY Times -- he pimp slaps and humiliates Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the irony, it burns.

[​IMG]

2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Speaking of bias, read the rest of the point you quoted. Putin never adresses this as uniquely an Obama issue, it has long been an American policy issue, as the person you quoted goes on to say. HOWEVER, your bias has turned this into an issue unique to Obama. Putin says he believes Obama thinks a non military intervention is a good compromise, a different approach than what he is criticizing the whole article.

If you think that compromise and negotiations with other countries is being pimp slapped then you are foolish. If you think he is a weak leader because we are taking an option, which no one imagined to be on the table, of another country, which is the best solution, then it is just your bias. It looks like we got the best possible outcome. Do I credit Obama for solving the situation? Of course not. But am I going to call him weak and "pwned" because he took a better option than his own? Of course not.

What would you have done? You very strongly believe Obama has been hilariously terrible at his job, can you show us how you would have solved the problem? Maybe solve even better than what has come up recently?

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Who else would or could do it? It's not like the world is populated with ethical actors.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with Putin, and Obama.

I'm not sure what the Republican freak out is about. So far Obama has postured, and so has Putin. At the very least, the world is talking, which is what Obama was going for in the first place. Good stuff...

5. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Nobody seems to notice. Without shedding a drop of American blood, not a bullet fired, just a simple saber rattling, Obama will be able to control the stockpile! And the Syrians can carry on with their domestic war on more or less equal footing.

Everything is pretty much of a contrast with Iraq. Viewed detached from domestic politics, what a difference a sensible leader make.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm already on record as against the strike. How am I blindly supporting a position I'm already on record opposing? Dumbass.

You're such a ****ing clown.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In this case the messenger does matter. Vladimir Putin isn't some journalist expressing an opinion on a current event but the leader of one of the World's most powerful nations with both influence and a direct stake on what happens in Syria. Further he is a leader with a track record that doesn't exactly fit with the moral principles he is arguing for.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I've said before this would be the best possible solution to a bad situation and if things work out both Putin and Obama deserve credit. We are a long ways from there though.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

First off, who the hell are you to tell me what to put on my signature? I have great admiration for Dr King, and I will leave his quote there.

Secondly, you are STILL stuck on the "if you're against Obama, you must be a racist" point. You cannot stubbornly cling that intellectually lazy notion. Obama has done an absolutely piss poor job on American foreign policy. Piss poor. Now the leader of Russia feels he's able to address the American public through an op-ed in the NY Times. That tells me all I need to know about where we stand in the world as a country -- all thanks to Obama's weak indecision on this matter. His amateurish red line painted him into a corner, then he tried to run to congress, and now he's clinging to RUSSIA's potential solution for this crisis (which resulted from his Secretary of State's bumbling idiocy, which of course caught the white house off guard). That's the definition of weak leadership. He cannot convince people to take his position.

...and then your typical personal insults directed at me. nuff said -- I'll be the bigger man and not reply back with insults.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

Putin deserved Nobel prize.

11. bigtexxx

brah take a time out. You're out of control and need to regroup.

12. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

i know they are so commonplace it hurts.:rolleyes:

13. CometsWin

You're lying, I call you on it, and I'm out of control. Of course.

This is where you act like an ******* and then in passive aggressive mode come back with your brah'speak. That's a new one brah, I've never seen you do that. That you get off on it is so pathetic and childish. Grow up or something.

14. bigtexxx

All you've done in this thread is insult me and cuss at me. The definition of out of control. You'd do better if you tried to stick to facts and keep your cool.

15. CometsWin

The fact is you're a liar. When you got called out for it you didn't address it and when into brah mode. Your act is tired. **** off already.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=8220275#post8220275

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If a friend of ours wants to say it, I'll listen. Putin is no friend of ours, and it's only the fear of massive destruction that keeps us from being in open conflict with one another. The arguments are reasonable, but he provides no real defense of Russia's support for Assad's brutalization of Syrian's citizenry, and his theory that rebels have gassed themselves is an insult to my intelligence. This whole conflict could have ended 2 years ago if Putin didn't block the UN from intervening. I think all this blood in Syria is on Putin's hands. So, I don't really care how reasonable his argument is; he is our enemy here. Whatever Putin wants, we should probably do the opposite. He is not searching for a diplomatic solution to solve the discontent in Syria; he only wants to crush the opposition and keep Assad in power absolutely, despite 100,000+ dead.

There may be space to negotiate with Putin to end the conflict, but it's an adversarial negotiation, and I certainly won't be taking advice from him.

17. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Putin does not care about syria either it is a pawn

18. bigtexxx

a great quote:

”The president lives in the world of make-believe where mistakes, even very big ones, have no consequences. Disasters are overtaking our nation without any real response from the White House. Who does not feel a growing sense of unease as our allies facing repeated instances of an amateurish and confused administration reluctantly conclude that America is unwilling or unable to fulfill its obligations as leader of the free world. Who does not feel rising alarm when the question in any discussion of foreign policy is no longer should we do something but instead, do we have the capacity to do anything?’
    ...delivered in 1980 by Ronald Reagan describing the Jimmy Carter administration, which STRIKING parallels to Obama's administration. They could have been uttered this week

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Looks like a credible threat of force has humbled Syria and Russia to the negotiating table. Forced to plead their case in the newspapers.

Funny how many of those who once justified wars based upon lies now turn into appeasers in their blind ideological opposition to the president.

20. bigtexxx

Obama never should have drawn his red line and painted him into a corner. You can't say he "saved a war" -- he's been beating the war drums due to his own amateurish red line he drew. Then Russia saved his ass because Russia saw a way to boost its standing on the world stage, due to the Obama administration's confused approach.