1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put yourself as Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nbalopez23, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He's getting paid a lot of money to be the number three point guard. He knew what his role was when he decided to sign with the Rockets. I'm sure he would rather be playing, but I don't think he is upset in any way. Also, if he was still upset about losing his job to Lowry, why did he decide to come back to the Rockets?

Hey, I'm glad we have him. We needed an experienced backup PG as we go into the playoffs. But I don't see him getting any minutes unless someone gets injured. Not many teams have a 13 man rotation, which is what I think a lot of Clutchfans want to see.

2. AXG

AXG Member

$5 million to watch NBA games? I doubt he's upset.

3. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

How many shooting guards in the NBA are a force on defense? How many ever were in the NBA? Jordan, Kobe...

Maybe his D will get better with time, but stop expecting him to be a lock down SG. He prob wont ever be that. We just need better overall team D. W need a team that can get a couple of stops in big games.

4. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Brooks is not getting any spin unless Harden gets injured

5. amaru

amaru Member

I'd be happy and feel fortunate that I'm making more than the majority of the people on the planet and I can provide for my family.

Dude....at the end of the day, basketball is just a stupid game. I'm just as much of a fan as the next guy but some people put waaaay too much stock in a meaningless game.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

excuse the ignornace i ddint read much of this thread...

we're not a great defensive team and run a lot of small ball lineups. so why not have brooks and beverly as the backup guards? bev guards the 2, brooks guards the 1. and brooks isnt a complete slouch on defense. he's fast enough to chase his man around screens. maybe in important games he'll play defense.

just try it for a few games, see how it works

7. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Does he get $2.5mil for the rest of the season, or $2.5mil pro rated? I always assumed it was pro rated

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Aaron Brooks' most recent 10 thoughts:

Thank God I'm out of Sacramento.

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

He probably thought he could get some playing time in Houston over the rookie. His situation is not much different from Sacramento.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You guys are missing the point..Brooks could've signed elsewhere and got PT.

11. ngazi

ngazi Member

Don't know how he could think he'd have a good time under McHale.

12. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

I am LOF, I feel bad for Lin. But I feel worse for BOF

lol

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree Brooks has skills that we desperately need, consistent 3 point shooting and late game scoring. That being said I honestly think Brooks was purchased for one reason and one reason only... to be the back up next year after they trade Lin or Beverly. The Rockets have plans this off season to get another star and maybe 2. The only way that works is if they dump some salary. Some of that salary Delfino, Garcia can easily be removed from the books. But to remove enought to sign 2 top level players with decent contracts they would have to ship salaries like Lin, Asik, Trob. Probably 2 of those 3 would have to be included in a deal to get Josh Smith and sign Howard straight up.

I know I have said this will never happen in another thread but maybe it is a possibility. And if it does happen Brooks is or instant backup pg. Pretty good insurance bet that only cost a little over a mil this year and then they only pay if they need next year other wise they can release at no additional cost.

Brooks is part of a bigger plan. Morey is always thinking ahead. That I give him credit for. he seems to constantly be a couple of moves ahead of what most of us think. Even if Howard doesn't sign we may have some assets to get a player like Granger or longshot Kevin Love. Make no mistake about Brooks was signed as a low risk high reward asset. If things workout this summer he will still be around after the smoke clears as our backup point.

14. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

if we hold on and make the playoffs. I believe McHale will insert Brooks into the rotation due to experience.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think you might be right. Doesn't make sense that Morey would just make a half year rental, doesn't really seem like something he'd do. AB is one of my favorite players in the league, and it really pains me to see his talents wasting away on the bench.

It's like I know Beverley and Lin both have earned and deserve to be in front of him, but part of me believes that he could be better then both of them. Anybody else have this feeling?

16. ling ling

ling ling Member

He's also playing for his next contract.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's all about developing and showcasing. A player like Brooks is and should only be injury cover.

Exceptions are pro-rated. The Rockets used their cap space, so no discount.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Harden doesnt play any defense on opposing 2s, or anybody. Brooks wouldnt be that far a dropoff as a backup 2.

19. sean joh

sean joh Member

the knicks really wanted him at that time~:grin:

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

You weren't around when Adelman was playing Lowry and Brooks together?

McHale is a joke, that's why. I hope he is outta here soon.