1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put T mac on this team in place of harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paulnhbtx, May 24, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My precious-eseses!

2. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I was actually watching some of the playoff games against the Jazz recently, from way back, with the Rockets led by TMac. Those Rox teams were NOT very talented. This 2015 team is WAY more talented. TMac in those games put up a bunch of 40 point games, got assists, steals, played great defense, blocked some shots, and was an emotional leader alongside Shane Battier. TMac didn't lose those games. He balled. He did everything. One thing however...was that TMac tended to wither in the fourth. He was not clutch like Harden is.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I will be glad when people stop making threads like this. We had Harden now, so lets enjoy his tenure here. Next season i expect him to lead this team to the finals.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well i told you tmac fans are jealous that jealousy will only get worse

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Correction:

We have Harden now

So let Tmac enjoy his retirement

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What makes you think he's not. Enjoying it? He sat courtside like he did the last two years with the rockets telling the media he'd rather play with someone else.
    He also likes to pick against the rockets

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Thank you sir for actually posting a sensible post.. Tmac balled back then with mediocre teammates.

Tmac should be appreciated. Most of the fans on her are very emotional and probably suck at life.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think T-Mac was an even worse shooter than Harden when it mattered. He was a volume shooter with less efficiency. Exciting to watch because he had the length and height to compete for rebounds and guard way bigger players effectively. T-Mac had way more athleticism than Harden and despite being significantly bigger and longer had much tighter handles. It would be interesting but I know on that last play T-Mac would get 2 big long strides with a facial jam on Curry and Thompson in game 2.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

If we had Yao on this team in place of Howard we'd be out in the first round. Because at least Howard is playing.

10. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

TRUTH!

11. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Tmac was so special..

I will always appreciate his play

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that it's super obvious which people were not following this team until the last month. Post histories are very telling -- check the post history of anybody popping up w/a thread like this, and there's a 99.9% chance they haven't posted anything in the GARM or Rockets-related all season.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

You might be on to something there OP. Harden so far has managed 0 rings during his 3 year tenure with the Rockets. If LeBron woulda played 3 years with the exact same supporting cast that Harden has played with, maybe, JUST MAYBE, he manages to win 1 ring.

So if Tmac with this supporting cast, in a 3 year span, coulda managed to win 4-5 rings, this gotta mean that he is the GOAT, NO???

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We would have lost to Mavericks.

DD

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tmac is not better than harden

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Tmac was not the reason why we lost to the mavericks back in the days. So lets cut that nonsense out.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

We lose against Dallas. If he was inserted during the LAC games then we definitely do not win 3 in a row to knock them out. If he was inserted in this series, then we are up 3-0 and then lose the next 4. Either way we lose.
    I just want to push this to 7 just to delude myself into thinking we can actually hang with GS. We p1ssed away games 1 and 2. We should be up 2-1, but what ever. I'm tired of our should've, would've scenarios. We didn't get the job done and our team will continue suffering the curse of stealing Francis from Vancouver.

18. cebu

cebu Member

dumb thread.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

IF you take Orlando T-Mac and put him in Harden's place the only thing you gain is athleticism and elite defense when needed. You lose toughness, playoff experience, and leadership.

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If making the WCF is a curse then you can call it upon me everyday of the week.