1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure ownage] Mad Max Fury Road (2015) Straight Carnage!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 27, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

There are no homoerotic undertones, so no.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

this is the anti 300. That is the point. Practical effects, old school action.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Lmao insecure preteens to sorority girls

4. Buck Turgidson

Big time, the production design was just outstanding. That was a ridiculously fun movie.

Good call on seeing it in 2D, pericles, I don't know what 3D would have added to the experience and can see how it could even detract from it.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just saw it yesterday. LOVED IT! I think it might be overhyped though.

Agreed the cinematography was awesome.

I saw it in 3D. 3D was good, but I am not sure it really added a TON to the movie. I would have LOVED to see in in IMAX though. But that wasn't an option.

I hope the BluRay has a TON of behind the scenes/making of of this movie.

Regarding Max....
    There are some people that think that Tom Hardy is not "Max" but rather The Feral Kid all grown up, taking on the Max persona. Anyone else feel that way?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bad release timing; it was up against Avengers for the young male dollar and PP2 for the date night dollar. It did amazing considering those two factors and I think it will have strong legs due to word of mouth. Certainly the best movie I've seen in a couple of years.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Also the fact that it was rated "R" hurt. Honestly though, while watching it, I didn't really see anything specific that would make it R. Maybe the totality of the violence? I don't know. Practically no nudity, there wasn't any language and the violence was not gore/CGI stuff.

No question the Avengers crowd cut into the movie. PP2 had that Twilight female crowd that is tough to beat.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I agree 100% except for the part where

the pregnant wife falls off the car then the subsequent emergency c-section where the baby doesn't make it. The milk farm is pretty racy, too. Pretty adult subject matter.

Aside from that I felt that I might have been able to take my 9-year-old son.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Point taken on those 2 items upon reflection.
    I guess perhaps I felt they could have even MORE blatant (shown more) on those 2 to amp them up, but didn't and I didn't think to much about them because of it. Really, the way they were shot was done well though.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Don't forget the sexual slavery. Which is what the wives pretty much are.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just want to thank y'all for continuing to spoiler. I for one won't get to see it until Monday, but I can hardly wait.

12. Buck Turgidson

My new ladyfriend and I went and saw it Monday. First thing she says to me as we walk out is "I feel like we both just got skull****ed." I like this girl.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why would you check on a thread if you know the movie is out for a week, people in the thread have seen it, and you plan to see it?

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Some nice bedtime music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MgYnKu8RYAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Because I like hearing things like Buck's post above -- want to hear what my brehs think of the movie. I'm excited and I can't stay away. But I'm avoiding full reviews and avoiding plot points. I know, it's a tricky line to walk, but I'm managing. Just about 48 more hours to go.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I loved the movie. Did the only franchise proud.

17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Funny how it seems to be a love or hate it film. Went with 3 mates, one absolutely hated it and laughed at what he called the 'stupidity' of it, rest of us loved it.

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Lol word

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Put a ring on it

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This movie was uploaded on youtube on fire last night (legit site), for those who don't have the $, or just wanted to watch it again like me.