1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure ownage] Mad Max Fury Road (2015) Straight Carnage!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 27, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

My girlfriend hates action movies.

Took her to see it and she loved it.

That right there tells me this is a good one.

Had a few funny moments in it, and Hardy always brings it in action films.

9.5/10

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Caught the early show this morning...

Visually sublime. The panoramic vistas in this movie are absolutely gorgeous and reminded me of old-school cinema where the filmmakers would focus on larger shots. Seriously, this is a MUST SEE in the theater, probably even better in IMAX. Hopefully it comes to Houston in IMAX some time soon.

Action was top notch. Plot worked- very simple and the backstory unfolded very organically as the movie progressed. Some of the stuff that seems strange in the trailers does just work when taken as a whole. Miller has created an insane world that meshes together well.

Charlize Theron was the true star of the movie as others have noted. Tom Hardy was good in his part.

The Time story about it being a feminism vehicle: absolute sensationalistic hogwash from a dying periodical trying to drum up readership.

I'll be seeing it again, and that's not something I've wanted to do since the first Avengers. Best action movie of the year, easily.

And yes, they solve the gasoline problem. ;)

A+

Oh yeah, this guy is freaking awesome:

[​IMG]

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Fury Road 8/10, Best action movie i've seen in a long time!:eek:

I'd rank...

1.Mad Max:Road Warrior
    2.Mad Max:Fury Road
    3.Mad Max
    4.Mad Max:Beyond Thunderdome

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it was a very feminist film, just not in the superficial cartoony kickass woman way

http://nypost.com/2015/05/14/why-mad-max-fury-road-is-the-feminist-picture-of-the-year/

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

If we could just count the first half of thunderdome might it fair better?

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

The first half of Thunderdome was awesome...than the Peter pan story ruined it.:(

7. dabush713

dabush713 Member

Freakin' amazing movie! It's like The Raid with cars. See it in theaters if you can

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Purely insane! Just about everything was executed perfectly and there is just so much too look at onscreen. I love a film where no space is wasted in the frame.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

70 yr old George Miller making a proper action film better than all the Hollywood Gen X & Millennials peddling that CGI nonsense.

Insane!

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ok good -- I was concerned after reading several bad to mediocre reviews of this movie -- hadn't heard a single negative thing then bam WTF I saw like 4 reviews in a row that were weak.

Confidence restored.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just got out of Age of Ultron. Mad Max puts Age of Ultron to shame.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yes, I was walking out of the movie thinking that was insanely awesome so I had to look up what other crazy **** this guy directed. Happy Feet, Babe: Pig in the City, and Lorenzo's Oil? This guy has been woefully under utilized as an action director.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

witness me!

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny how posts here echo my own experience.

When it was over, my wife looked at me with an expression of amazement, like she couldn't believe what she'd just witnessed. She said, "Foi massa. MASSA. Nota dez." ( It was cool. COOL. Grade: A."

Put it this way. My wife wants to see it again in the movie theater. She NEVER wants to see a movie in the theater twice, no matter how good. But this one? Yes. And I'll gladly shill out to take her.

The action in this movie is nuts, just insane, and never gets tiresome. In fact, it just keeps getting better as it goes along.

And the female characters, especially Charlize Theron's catalyst protagonist, kick some serious ass.

15. Faust

Faust Member

this movie was sick. never heard of the franchise before so watched mad max then road warrior then this one. porbably the best action movie of the year. puts other crap like fast and furious 7 and expendables 3 in their place.

5/5

16. VanityHalfBlack

My fav scene and it's in the trailer is the guy diving head first with a spear into a spiked war vehicle in an explosion. George miller is one of the best director's that I have ever seen. Seriously, the way he shoots his action scene within an action scene with so much detail contain in a singular shot that if you blink for one second you'd missed about half of the pieces of action contain in one ******g shot. The best action movie in the last decade. Hardy plays 2nd fiddle to Theron and the movie still kicked ass for gear head enthusiast. One of the most metal ******g films ever made.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ridic!! Non stop fun. Loved every second of it.

18. VanityHalfBlack

The young people who grew up watching saw movies and transformers and **** will say miller copied rob zombie camera techniques??? Rob zombie, really?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lot of fun. Maybe a little overrated, but it was very cool. I found Charlize Theron to be the weakest link. Just never bought into her.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yeah buddy.

[​IMG]

Agreed there is so much going on in some of those action shots. There was one scene where a rig was getting flipped over while in the corner of the same shot you have the guy shredding a flame throwing guitar.

#120 The Real Shady, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015