1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure ownage] Mad Max Fury Road (2015) Straight Carnage!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 27, 2014.

1. 713

713 Member

I tried watching the first Mad Max last night and it didn't do it for me. The obnoxious score/music is outdated and in your face distracting. Had to stop watching midway. I'll try Road Warrior tonight.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i know what you mean about the music and the fact it is a bit dated but you have to finish it. It's not that long of a movie and if you're already half way through what's another 30 minutes to see the ending?

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Well it is dated because it is over 30 years old. Low budget as well. The second film is one of the best action movies ever.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agreed- the original Mad Max came out in 1979! Not only that, it was an Australian production, which gave it some different cultural quirks compared to American/Hollywood movies.

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Lol, the music from a 1979 Australian low budget movie seen by someone last night as "outdated."

You don't sayyyyy.

I know what you mean, though. I had to stop watching "Singin' in the Rain" last night because there was no twerking or dubstep.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Saw this tonight. Action was top notch and spectacular, best I've seen in a long time. Story/narrative was shaky but not bad. I don't think I understand half the dialogue in the movie but it's not really a talky movie in the first place.

8.5/10, go watch it.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Damn, can't wait to watch it!!! I have yet to see Avengers but it can wait, this one looks mad dope!!

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Walked into my last class of the term today in a death mask.

IT IS FROM *MY* HAND.
    YOU WILL RISE.
    FROM THE ASHES!
    OF THE MIDTERMS!

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think it's great that the bad guy in this is played by the guy who played the bad guy in the first one:

[​IMG]

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What a lovely game!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9hDPmTvqob0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

12. SK34

SK34 Member

13. myco

myco Contributing Member

Lived up to the hype. Loved it!

14. TeachingLessons

This movie exists in the same bizzaro universe that the Rockets fourth quarter existed in last night. It's so utterly insane and incomprehensible, but you can't look away because everything happening on the screen just blows your mind over and over again.

Harden and Howard combine for one point in the quarter and no field goals? Harden doesn't even play a minute?? There's a dude on the front of a crazy vehicle with a guitar that doubles as a flamethrower? WHAT IS THIS WORLD?????

1 person likes this.
  15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

very good

Only minor complaints are the dialogue was often hard to understand, and the use of blue/orange filters that infects every film these days. Makes everything look fake.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For those complaining about the dialogue George Miller himself said that was almost an afterthought. He wanted the movie to be able to be understood by someone in Japan who didn't know English.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yeah, the first one was boring to me having seen it for the first time just the other day.

I was 6 when Beyond Thunderdome came out and I know I saw bits and pieces of it growing up in the 80s. The imagery of that film and Mad Max 2 are what I had in my head and it's just not there in the original. I kind of think of parts 2 and 3 as being the main movies with the original more as a prequel or origin story.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh man. That was awesome. Pure fun at the theater. Only complaint was, as others have said, dialogue was hard to understand at times, but that's a mild complaint. This was so fun.

9/10

19. New Generation

Amazing. Easily entertained throughout the entire film, and the blurry dialogue didn't affect me. You understood it when it mattered the most.

I love that it's basically a 2 hour fight movie, with the story in between being simple and thrilling.

Amazing.

The chase of the rig, along with the song playing was PURE BLISS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaL6NxTvWRM

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw it last night. Lived up to the hype and then some. A great entertaining movie. It's over the top like pro-wrestling and GWAR but never feels silly. The craziness just works. For people who are fans of the Evil Dead a lot of it feels like that, especially at the beginning, and I get the feeling George Miller and Sam Raimi have been influenced by each other.

For those like me liked the flame thrower guitar player here is some backstory on the character.
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/mad-max-fury-road-guitar-player-actor-doof-warrior-118997835292.html