1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure ownage] Mad Max Fury Road (2015) Straight Carnage!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 27, 2014.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

98% on Rotten Tomatoes from film critics that don't fall into your "criteria". Just because it's not your thing you don't have to talk down to others who like it.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

what has to be one of he crappiest posters around. Dude is Mr Asinine.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I can understand the value of escapism films like Transformers and super hero movies and how they make half a billion dollars, but usually those films aren't critically acclaimed on RT. This film seemed to be in the same genre. So seeing a 98% on RT made me attend this film. Usually the critics reviews are on point so I usually never leave a film being disappointed since I know what I'm getting into. Unless I'm totally missing some underlying theme to this film or some artistic element, I don't agree with the overwhelming critic response Mad Max has achieved.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This film is not for everyone. As one critic described it is like a fever dream.

To say that if you aren't in the 18-25 range, read serious books for pleasure and don't play Xbox live for 5 hours a day you are better not seeing it is ridiculous. I'm none of those. I'v never owned an Xbox or any game system since the old Atari and still thought this was a great movie.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So bizarre. I am in my 40's, tired of most action flicks, read a lot, write, never played xbox live or any of those games, and I loved that movie. It is mindless, it's suppose to be - it's not about words it's about the action.

And that action - particularly the final action sequence - will go down as one of the best ever in film history.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can anyone who watches film compare this to the transformers?

This does remind me of the old Playstation game twisted medal

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

watched it yesterday. Pretty awesome Mad Max to me. It was just non stop fun and curiosities.

I can understand how some might not like the constant action scenes but I thought there tip toed that the line of being too much pretty flawlessly. I do think that some of the style of the movie might get lost in the action but i think they go well together. I don't think someone has to be a 20 year old xbox junky to enjoy this flick.

on a side note about the interceptor...
    that car is cursed...that thing is constantly mangled and/or blown up

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just saw it yesterday. Don't understand all the hype. It's a 7/10 for me.

Style and cinematography were good. Nice landscapes and panoramics. Good action sequences. Characters were very flat, didn't really care who lived or died. Story was alright. To me, it was a more stylized Furious 7.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Just a hunch, but I don't think people like this movie for the story or characters....

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

true. And to add to that, there were/are only two characters (maybe 3) that you were really supposed to care about...maybe 3 if you consider that one goon guy turned panty dropper. Max and Furiousa.

Don't get me wrong, i would have loved to have had more backstory of some of the bad guys but the movies was already pretty packed and I'm not sure a few scenes of flashbacks would have helped the flow.

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I knew going in this movie wasn't going to have much story. Walked in almost 10 minutes late thanks to the gf and was still able to piece everything that happened beforehand. Nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Just the style was a breath of fresh air from action movies nowadays.

Apparently Tom Hardy is signed up for three additional Mad Max films. Three! I imagine I will get much less enjoyment out of those than I did out of this one.

12. Buck Turgidson

Pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the sequels will be a prequel that deals with exactly that.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I understand that, but it doesn't really live up to the hype or critical acclaim it has for being an incomplete movie. It's just a Michael Bay action movie with style.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Comparing it to the transformers movies, some of yall need to watch more action movies. This is more of a throwback to the original max films, purely aussie sploitation, bending metal mayhem in the outback. It does have its American style touches with the over the top explosion and sped up editing but still feels very aussie.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Movie was good. Was going to watch it at the amc but saw it online instead. Reminds me of the book of eli

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Oh me oh my. What pure entertainment. Isn't this what movies are supposed to be about?

Will there be a portion of the population that just doesn't like/get it? Sure... And they can stick to Nicolas Sparks movies.

This was action + sci-if + cinematographic brilliance.

i expected minimal dialogue so actually found it to have more than I anticipated and it was all seemingly well placed.

There's a lot about it that isn't logical when you think deep... But I think that's part of the universe being created. It's crazy. It doesn't make sense. But it's awesome to observe.

This is so far above and beyond a Michael Bay transformers movie it's amazing anyone could even make that comparison.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So so so good. I wonder if youngsters also enjoy it or if you have to know the old movie to love this?

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm familiar with the old movie but haven't seen it and I enjoyed the hell out of that.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

For Adventure Time fans:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w8fQ-0uw-l0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>