1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure ownage] Mad Max Fury Road (2015) Straight Carnage!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 27, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wanted to ram someone off the road on the drive home.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I plan to watch this today afternoon. Did anyone see the 3D version? Is it worth it? I read it wasn't shot on 3D cameras, so I'm a bit weary.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Agreed here. Saw the movie last night (friend I went with wanted to see San Andreas...I told her we will after Mad Max...and we did with the movies ending/beginning perfectly....just walked down the hall to San Andreas afterwards for a 2 for 1 special at Santikos!). The action was great. I felt the same way that some others did about the grunting Max. He never said anything except his name and that they needed to go back. Not a big deal though, the action had me at the edge of my seat.

Thought this was the best line in the movie though: "All this for a little family fued?"

Btw, if anyone has never been to Santikos Palladium out on the west side, you should go. Easily the best theater in the Houston area. Top notch screens, sound, and theater comfort. Perfect for a movie like this. Only theater I really want to go to now.

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

You talking about the one off Hwy 99? I saw Avengers Age of Ultron there with friends and none of us liked the sound. In fact there was too much vibration during the action scenes.

5. VanityHalfBlack

It's not bad, I'd watch most movies there for sure. They even have a bowling alley inside the place, yeah!!!

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Maybe it depends on the theater because they all had different features, or the movie. To me, Mad Max sounded great.

Their food is expensive, but there are so many choices. 2nd floor bar, ice cream shop, etc. It's like a one stop shop. All they need is some rides, which they kind of have with those moving seats.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife and I saw this movie again, but the second time was without the 3d.

3D version for this movie is worthless. It only adds a little to a couple scenes.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I've seen two movies in 3D since the craze started a few years ago. Both times I wanted to rewatch in 2D. Cool visual 3D graphics are at best a gimmick not close to the entertainment value of a good movie.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

The film reminded me of another popular franchise where the character doesn't talk and isn't even necessarily the main character (heck, his name isn't even part of the title). But in different iterations of the franchise, he rescues the town and moves on for new adventures.

[​IMG]

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I loved it, and thought it was more than just pure action. When most people describe movies like "you payed for what you get, lots of action and kick-ass effects" it's usually to cover up for its weaknesses. But this movie didn't have that. While it's not heavily narrative focused, the plot does have substance. Nothing about the dialogue or action is corny or cliched, the acting is good, the world is immersive with lots of rich, crazy characters. It's a lot better than your average summer blockbuster IMO.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best action sequence of all time. Just when I thought it was as intense as it could be, they throw those high flyers - how creative and innovative! That final chase scene will go down in film history as the greatest ever. Wow. Just amazing.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

[​IMG]

Just saw the movie, the best part was this guy. When they were all charging down the road after Furiosa and this scene appeared it was terrifying in a weird way but so awesome!

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I agree tmac2k8 that was my favorite part as well

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hardy was too Bane like for me. He has a weird accent and his mannerisms from other movies carried over to this one.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I saw a parent and her 4 year old daughter walking out of the theater afterwards. Seriously, some parent thought it was OK to take a 4 year old child to see this movie with all the violence, horrific imagery (kids would have nightmares with some of the characters in here) and nudity. Even if you didn't know what the movie was about, I'd left about 5 minutes in.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This guy married one of the super model wives after meeting during filming this.

17. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

If this movies stars an old Mel Gibson as Max, its perfect. Helps his insanity storyline a lot.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw it last night, pretty amazing

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I saw this last week and I honestly thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I wanted to walk out and probably should have but my gf wanted to stay till the end. Never seen the original film, so wasn't sure what to expect.

20. what

what Member

If you are not in the 18-25 range, if you've ever read a serious book for pleasure, if you don't spend 5 hours a day on xbox live, then these movies aren't for you. Just get that in your head, and you'll be better off.

The last movie I even braved to watch like this was King Kong and I regretted it. Mindless action, no plot. Rinse and repeat.