1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Public Health Expert predicts sports events won't be able to return until Fall 2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Professional sports will survive and be profitable but there are going to be societal changes post COVID19 just like there was post 9/11 and those changes will impact sports.

This pandemic is going to change things and in ways we cannot imagine.

mikol13 likes this.
  2. Caprah

Caprah Member

They’ve already started eating scooby and lassie the dog again . By all reports even the bat is back on the menus to. These filthy scumbags have no regard for anyone but themselves and their dirty appetite

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think you could pull it off .... with the proper planning.

You'd first have to isolate everyone involved - players , coaches , trainers , doctors , camera crew , announcers and anyone else.

Test them , isolate those that test negative then retest .... Games can't be played until enough are cleared of two tests over a two week period and they have to remain isolated for the duration of the season.

harold bingo likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Of course things are going to change for the time being. Never said it wasn’t. That doesn’t mean you try to completely stop the quality of life, you take steps and measures to get as safely back to “normal” as possible. It’s a process. Life doesn’t stop and we’re all going to have to find ways to deal with this

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Even if the season is resumed in arenas like used to be, will you go?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

It is all going to be a balancing act. The amount of money and resources being directed at COVID19 will likely lead to a vaccine. Will there be professional sports in the next year? Yes but I don’t think you will see 90,000 person college football stadiums full in August like some expect. I can tell you I personally will not be attending any live concerts or sporting events until we greatly improve our handling of this virus.

I will have to travel domestically but I likewise will not be taking international flights unless I will be in N.Ireland for many months.

There are just some things that are common sense.

jcf and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Life isn’t just going to change for the time being, it is going to permanently change and in ways we cannot foresee. This is a generational defining event.

I agree life doesn’t stop and we will develop a new normal.

Easy likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

No, not anytime soon. Perhaps when there is a vaccine. I think people for now on will be a bit more cognizant of viral risks in general.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don’t expect full stadiums. I don’t think anyone here said anything about that. Im expecting sports to be played without fans for a significant time period first.

Nook likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well one thing’s for sure, I hope more people have better and are more conscious of personal hygiene. Something that shouldn’t have taken a pandemic to improve

Nook likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

The Rockets could announce a game tomorrow where the stadium is fully staffed and guarantees of no COVID and the lower bowl would still be empty.

Corrosion and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It will be way more than more annoying airport lines a dumb war and Lee Greenwood, that's for sure.

mikol13, Nook and The Cat like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sounds exactly like Trump in February.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Honestly I think the season will resume in July but probably ( most likely)without fans

The Beard likes this.
  16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

"Lol, 'experts'" is a big part of what got us into this mess. Keep laughing, chuckles.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

One easy thing for Americans would be to take off your shoes when you come inside your home. Don't track your dirty footprints all over the house. That stuff that people try to avoid by wearing masks . . . it all settles onto the floor, at your supermarket etc.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's interesting but I'd say shoes inside the house is pretty much a normal occurrence for the average American household. it's much more prevalent when you go outside of that and into other demographics

The Beard likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Makes sense not to carry feces and other what not into your house. Surprised this hasn't changed. Still seeing people walking in with their feces covered shoes going into their apartment after walking the dogs. But why would I be surprised? They let their dog lick their face after the dog just licked the butt of another dog. That's like kissing a hooker after you just saw her ATM another dude. SICK!

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

It's scary that there's about 30% of all Americas that still think this is a hoax