1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PSA: Avoid Flower Delivery Express

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 24, 2014.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

On February 22 ordered a balloon and candy bouquet from Flower Delivery Express for a boy that had a brain aneurysm. Paid extra for same day delivery (total was around $75).

Today, two days later I get an email saying they were trying to deliver the package but they didn't have the necessary information (even though the order form had the hospital name, address, room number, and patient name).

At 9:30am I called them to discuss having the delivery sent to the boys home since he was released from the hospital. Someone was supposed to call me back. Waited until 4pm, and then called them again. Customer service said they were still trying to deliver. At that point I wanted to cancel the order. They weren't going to refund the $20 service charge and the $10 handling charge plus take a 30% cancellation fee. I asked to talk with a supervisor since it was their mistake and failure to deliver on the 22nd. The customer service person said the supervisor would tell me the same thing, but I continued to say I would speak with a supervisor. She put me on hold, I waited for 30 minutes, then hung up, and called the credit card company to dispute the charge.

Since I was in a hurry, it didn't occur to me to research the company. Checking Reseller Ratings, Flower Delivery Express has under a 1 out of 10 rating with a long list of similar complaints as mine.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I had the same problem with 1-800 flowers. A few years ago I ordered some flowers and chocolate for my girlfriend's birthday. They delivered the chocolate but no flowers. Really annoying. Since then I use Breen's which is local, they're pretty reliable.

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Try teleflora.com. I like that site. Had one issue one time where the flowers were not delivered, but that was on the florist not them. Got my refund.

TIP: Order a head of time (week or more) on the website. I day or two later, call or chat them through the site and tell them you'd like to cancel your order. When they ask why, tell them you just can't afford it after all. They'll actually start bringing the price down on your order. If you balk once or twice, you can get a decent mark down and save some money.

But, if possible, I'd stick with a local florist who can deliver it for you. Not only can you generally customize the order how you like, but they're typically a little cheaper than going through the big floral sites.

#3 mogrod, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  4. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

That sucks. I also had a similar experience with Ava's Flowers. I purchased flowers for delivery for Valentine's Day. I paid the extra shipping for a morning delivery. I went to check the delivery status on the morning of delivery and the stated date for delivery was another day. It took 23 phone calls (I kept getting disconnected) to get a refund because it was too late in the day for them to fix their F up.

I have had good experiences with Pro Flowers though. They do tend to be a little pricey.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Had trouble with quality using proflowers.com - but they refunded me in full - no questions asked.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Used ProFlowers a couple of times and they have been good. Definitely pricey though.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been using 1st in Flowers for years. Never had any problems whatsoever. There have been times where I've ordered in the morning and had flowers delivered that afternoon.

http://www.1stinflowers.com

1 person likes this.
  8. Bäumer

Thats good to hear. I do know that quality may be the local florist they contract through and not the company. Either way all of these big delivery companies have HORRIBLE reputations.

Next year I am going to order directly from the local florist. These national companies charge 30%-40% on top of delivery just to be a middleman. I learned my lesson. The HEB flowers (usually they are pretty good) I had to buy last minute lasted about 4 days before they were trash.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Local suggestions would be great. I don't know any and the big companies have huge SEO spends and reviews and bury the small guys.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I bought HEB roses 2 days before Valentines. Still have them. I've never had a problem buying from the HEB by me.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you paid with CC, do a chargeback and let them rumble for you.

12. Bäumer

Same here, I just must have had a bad bunch.