1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS4] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Wakko67, Jul 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I should clarify that I did spend a fair amount of time playing the original Halo with buddies, and that I appreciated the great single-player campaign on it, which is becoming a lost art in shooters these days. But the subsequent games didn't really do anything for me. I was bored of the formula already by then.

Maybe it's just the rose-tinted glasses of the past, but I seemed to find shooting in Halo 1 more satisfying than shooting in this (EDIT: which leads me to ask the people who like Destiny: what makes you want to play this instead of just sticking with Halo? What's better about it?). And in any case, I'd much rather play Borderlands or Battlefield... those are pretty much the only two modern shooters that I've cared for much.

#61 AtheistPreacher, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  2. AtheistPreacher

Well, in the beta the Xbox One version is running at a lower resolution, but apparently it will be running at 1080 at launch. Digital Foundary did an article where they conclude that the retail versions on the PS4 and Xbox One consoles will likely have no discernible graphical difference.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're adding the moon story campaign (or at least the first level) for 2 hours tomorrow!

The beta on PS4 is 1080p 30fps whereas for Xbox One it is 720p 30fps. Bungie has stated retail will be 1080p 30fps on both. I don't believe there will be too much difference between the two.

I think framerate will be stronger on PS4 because of the obvious, but in regards to Destiny Bungie has done a great job with parity.

Because 343 hasn't proven they know how to make multiplayer yet. They apparently love to remake games that Bungie has already released though.
    I think the story in Destiny is very interesting. I also wholeheartedly disagree with you; I've played more Halo than I want to admit and it feels spot on. Bungie is Halo as far as I'm concerned. I'm interested in Halo 5, but I don't think it'll necessarily be worth buying a Xbox One over. I may get one just because I want to play other games on the system, if not oh well. Between Destiny and Titanfall (on PC, and TF2 on PS4) I'll have more than enough FPS to keep my attention. Planetside 2 will be coming out in the near future as well, and it's quite fun if you're into stuff like that.

#63 seclusion, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I love the multiplayer on this. And I normally hate FPS multiplayer death match because I suck at it. But this is fun and I'm getting kind of good. But the moon level is pretty broken with the Infiltrator vehicles, but I've found some decent places to camp out.

And the game keeps me wanting to play in the Crucible or Iron Banner to try to collect the bounties you can get there.

I don't see myself getting bored of this one for awhile.

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Played for about 3 hours or so today. Reasonably entertaining. I put it in the same bucket with Halo: I'll get it when I can have it for cheap. A new Borderlands or Battlefield I'd probably buy on day 1, but not this.

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Games reminds me more of Borderlands.....The bounties are cool, but I can usually get them done within a hr or 2 depending on who im rolling with.

Then you have to wait forever for more bounties...also...once you learn the spawn points..its shoot shoot shoot repeat

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

When does the Beta end? I haven't been able to play this as much when the Alpha came out.

8. AtheistPreacher

9. Nero

Nero Member

Ok quick question for you guys who are into this beta stuff:

I pre-ordered the beta for Destiny for my teenage son, who has been out of town until July 27th. he has been talking non-stop about Destiny for well over a year, and so he was highly disappointed when he returned and discovered the beta literally ended almost exactly when he returned.

However, as disappointed as he was in that, he seems to be totally distraught about the pre-order code no longer being 'valid' for his pre-order goodies when the game launches.

Does anyone know anything about this? I pre-ordered the game, and pre-ordering is supposed to earn you some sort of goodies or whatever in the game when it launches.. but he is saying that it 'expired'. I don't understand that at all, the receipt has no expiration date, so what's the deal? Anyone have any grasp or understanding of this process? I have a seriously traumatized kid here, and I am looking for any kind of good news on that front.

I mean, if I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered it tomorrow, would I then not be eligible for the pre-order goodies?

Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks guru guys

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

yea it's for a set of weapons called Vanguard . I read they are not really upgradeable so you will get limited use from them anyway .

I enjoyed the beta but really hope there is PvP in the free roam area , didn't really dig those tiny maps

11. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Okay, this game made me break my promise not to buy a PS4 until Uncharted 4 came out. Hope it's really as good as it looks. I avoided the beta as I'm not a fan of my first experience with a game being playing a potentially buggy version. But I've heard nothing but great things.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There was virtually no bugs in the Alpha, much less the Beta. (don't get me wrong, there was a couple but quite frankly their alpha test was better than a lot of games I've seen at release.

It's definitely as good as it looks, and then some. Honestly, I don't think you can get a true feel for the game unless you've played it. It's pretty epic.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah I was gonna wait it out unitl Destiny myself but ended up getting a PS4 at launch. I would've definitely got that PS4 Destiny bundle if I had waited.

From what I'm hearing all the Collector and Limited Edition versions of Destiny are sold out and they've had to cancel some preorders. Glad I got my LE version early.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm really annoyed by this honestly. I get that Bungie wants it to be "limited", but this is I think the first time I've that a game has sold out of limited editions and collector's editions before the game was actually released.

I want to blame Activision, but I feel this is actually Bungie's fault this time. If you look at what Activision is doing with Call of Duty ($200 collector's edition with like, nothing physical of any value), it's very obvious they just care about the bottom line.

So again, I appreciate the sentiment Bungie but just release more ****ing Collector's editions (OR EVEN LIMITED ONES FOR THAT MATTER!) I'd like it for my birthday. Please and thank you.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Got my system last night. My gamertag is Zepp1978 if anyone needs one more idiot to go on a raid with.

16. Christopher

Christopher Member

Question about this game in general...

Is this an RPG/Shooter? I want a good RPG to get into and I'm hoping this is the one.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's a good way to describe it, but it's more of a Shooter/RPG. It's definitely a shooter at it's heart. It certainly has a lot of RPG elements for you to get lost in, however. (story, character progression, phat lewtz, interaction with other players in a neutral zone, interaction with players in live fire adventure areas)

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Gamestop has the limited edition for Ps4 / xbox one / 360...get it while it's in stock.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Never got to play the beta. Was it good? I've been looking for a next-gen RPG worth buying.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It pays for itself if you plan on getting the 2 expansions also.