1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS3 DVD remote

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrooksBall, Jun 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I bought the thing a while ago purely for watching DVDs but have barely used it. The default game remote isn't very user-friendly for this purpose. I've seen some USB add-on remotes online made specifically for the DVD player.

Does anybody have any experience with these that can make a recommendation? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something as cheap and simple to use as possible that others have had good experience with.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

My kids and I have been using the original remote for everything since we got the PS3 from moestavern19-Mart a while back. :eek:

Too bad they haven't made a BlueTooth/Infrared remote for use with EVERYTHING. I have heard the Harmony can do what you want with a special connection to something else or a converter on the PS3. I am not going to change my remote soon, though.

By now, I don't have a problem with it since I am used to it that's what she said. :(

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The Sony-Made PS3 remote is the best responding remote I've ever used. Works great for movies AND Netflix. Around $20. Nothing better, unless you need a universal remote, then you're looking at over $100 for a logitech with adapter.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well, It's not I/R or a Radio compatible so whatever remote you use will have to either plug in one of your USB slots to send out a wireless signal or you'll need one with bluetooth.

I use a Harmony 1100 and I had to buy a logitech adapter for the PS3 in order to set it up with my preset home theater settings.

6. BrooksBall

7. BrooksBall

Nothing fancy. Cheap is what I want.

Is this the one you're referring to? http://www.target.com/PlayStation-3...O/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_1_title/176-8484781-8090403

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Had it a couple months....no problems with it....

like I said its pretty basic....but thats all I needed.....it gets the Job done

10. BrooksBall

Thanks. I think I'll get one of those two. Waiting to hear RoxSquad's response to my last question but I'm leaning towards the Sony since it's only a few bucks more.

11. BrooksBall

Got it. Thank you, sir.

I'll get one of the two from those links.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

13. BrooksBall

I was undecided between the one for $15 vs $25 but just called my local Target and they've never even carried the $15 one.

They have the Sony in stock so Sony it is.

Thanks for the advice.