1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS3 Backwards compatible question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joesr, Jan 25, 2010.

1. joesr

joesr Member

I dont have the unit that does it. So does that mean the games you can download that were PS1 and PS2 classics I cant play? I want to re-play Final Fantasy Tactics, forget if that was a PS1 or 2 game but wanted to know before purchasing it for download if I would be able to even play it.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yes you can play them.

you can also do game saves internally on the built in HD.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Backwards compatibility refers to hardware issues.

As in, you can't put a PS2 game disc in a PS3 that isn't backwards compatible.

Anything you purchase from the PS store is then downloaded to your harddrive and is certainly playable.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

They stopped manufacturing backwards compatible systems so they could instead sell the games in their stores. All games you buy on the PlayStation Store will work on your PS3.

I was rushed when buying my PS3 because I wanted the backwards compatible systems. I have one of the 1st-generation 60gb ones. :grin:

5. joesr

joesr Member

Nice!

Appreciate the rapid responses fellas!!!!

Do you guys have any downloaded games or on the soon to download list?

Thinking about FF Tactics and the other cheapie FF games, crystals something.

Need something inbetween CoD MW2 and 2k10.

Which brings me to another question. 2k10. Us there a way to control injuries? Or something to the like.

I want to play association mode but dont want Yao in the early line up. Other then giving him 0 rotation minutes and making him mad, are there any other ways?

6. Depressio

I downloaded Final Fantasy VII and Patapon 2 on my PSP.

Once you've paid for it, you can download it to any PlayStation device you have. So, if I wanted to download Patapon 2 to my PS3 too, I could.

7. Depressio

P.S. - Patapon 2 is awesome.

8. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

All Playstation 3s can play physical PS1 CDs.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have some evil game I downloaded called Supersonic Rocket Powered Battle Cars.

Its really frustrating yet very addicting.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: Fail?. Some older models can and that same compatibility feature was taken out the newer models, sir. :eek:

Damn it. I thought you meant PS2 games. :eek: Franchise3 1, SwoLy 0.

#10 SwoLy-D, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  11. Depressio

Don't pay for games. Steal 'em!

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/716758716" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=62918087001&playerId=716758716&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Unless I'm forgetting something, there aren't any PS2 games on the PS Store (they certainly didn't take out PS2 BC just to sell them online). Only PS1 games. Which, as mentioned, are playable on all PS3s (either via the store or via disc).

Suppose if they do enable PS2 BC, then they'll have PS2 classics online. And possibly vice versa...although they may only release some games that they know will work.

13. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah, they only have PS1 classic games on PS Store.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Oh wow?
    !!

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

So anyone have a 60g you wanna sell? :cool:

16. joesr

joesr Member

Better yet, does anyone have any PS1 games they want to sell :)

Mindly RPG's or strategies......