1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS3 60GB model CECHA01 1st Gen (very rare)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by DcProWLer277, Apr 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I know. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I pulled crap like this.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. That's what shocks me the most, that he is seemingly OK with it...

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

DcProWLer277 is a real douche...using Clutchfans.net to rip off fellow members...ugh...

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Why don't people just stop buying from this guy?

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Not trying to thread jack.. but I believe I have a backwards compatible PS3 too.. with MGS4 and NBA 2k9. Did not know they were worth more. Have two controllers as well.

I will sell after OP sells his.. Pls email me offers accordingly, but I will not respond until Prowler conducts his biz..

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

OK--did not read all of thread.. I have an ACTUAL WORKING PS3 .. backward compatible. You can look at it and check it before buying.

7. Drexlerfan22

Well obviously no one would buy from him now, he just sold the 360 & PS3 at about the same time, so there was no way to know...

He may be banned now anyway. He hasn't posted for 2 months.

8. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

what his address.. im from the southeast texas area, message me or give me his address over here, just curious.

9. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

There you go

10. ossnap

ossnap Member

Not to bust your bubble or anything but Sony recently upped the price for repairs on the 60GB model. It's 179.00 to get the 60GB repaired, and with their shipping cost added it all comes out to 193.00.

11. Drexlerfan22

Oh goodie...

12. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

haha wow, thats off washington st.. needless to say thats one of the nastier parts of town. Whatta troll

13. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Just read the entire thread, damn that sucks drexler. I would never buy a used console. Not from this generation anyways, too many moving parts and pretty much delicate pieces of technology to be trusting an individual seller. For all I know they probably have kids running around the house cramming peanut butter in the disc drive. In knotes case, pennies. Have piece of mind and buy NEW next time from a reputable retailer.

Like they say in Spanish "lo barató sale cáro". Swoly or someone else translate that lol.

14. Drexlerfan22

Well, the thing with this model is, you can't get them new, they're years out of production.

Bought one from moes... sheesh... gotta be over a year ago, and that one's still working.

The one from this thread I ended up selling "as-is" (for $100) and buying a new slim, figuring I could use the slim to play PS3 games & movies, while saving my launch models just for when I'm running two systems at once, or playing PS2 games (PS2 games look much better on an HD screen through a launch model PS3 than they do on a regular PS2).

Pretty happy with the slim. Less noise, less heat, less power. But god do I still wish new models had compatibility for PS2 games...

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I paid shipped my broken PS3 60GB launch unit to Sony earlier this summer with $150 and they gave me a refurbished Slim. Did you know about this? I ask because if you didn't then you missed a good opportunity.

16. Drexlerfan22

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

However, wouldn't have wanted to do that even if I'd known about it... because first, after this fiasco I prefer brand-new, and secondly I wanted the latest model (CECH-21) with the 40nm GPU, which is what I bought. I'm guessing the refurb Sony would've sent me would've been the original slim (CECH-20) with the 65nm GPU.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was a little worried about the refurb too but when I got it the machine was spotless, you could not tell that it was a refurb and it's worked like a champ(knock on wood) so far.

btw, what is the difference between the two slim models?

18. Drexlerfan22

Not to make you worry, but when Sony sent me a refurbed 60GB when my first one broke, it looked gorgeous... spotless like it was new. But the disc drive didn't work. Didn't read anything. No joke... refurb straight from Sony. So I wouldn't put too much stock in the appearance.

Of course, the one I still have was Sony's 2nd try at sending me a working refurb, and that's worked fine for about 8 months... so there's reason for optimism too.

The newer one has a smaller GPU that uses less power and produces less heat. On the flip side though, it also has a smaller/cheaper fan for the same reason, so I've heard it said both the slim models run at about the same temp. Those are the only differences that I know of; it is functionally the same.

Still though, I'll always take the GPU that produces less heat in the first place that taking the hotter one with a better fan.