1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props to everyone that went to the game!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yoyoma, Apr 24, 2007.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

They do it because those people are the main ones on TV and they want the place to look great. Even the lower bowl baseline seats did not have shirts because they are not on TV.

2. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

Toyota Center was extremely loud lastnight. I sat in section 101. Our section was pretty much standing up the whole game.

Go Rockets!!!!

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

lower bowl baseline seat holder here and we did not need shirts because we wore red

4. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

I had a 14 game package this year in the upper bowl and for most of the year, the fans were pretty lame, but they have stepped it up in the playoffs.

Finally, people will stand and yell when their supposed to and when I do stand, I don't have idiots yelling at me to sit down.

I do have to say though, I noticed a lot of the people that got the free shirts, didn't put them on and continued to wear their polo shirts. Comon guys, put on the shirt!

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Isn't that near the Red Rowdies section?

And it is extemely lame when you're given a free shirt and won't wear it.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

haha, what row were u in? I pretty sure we were noticable, i was wearing my wig in my Tmac Swingman. Btw, were u there in the beginning of the game were there was some dude in an Astros shirt that stood up whenever the Jazz made a shot and someone said "SIT THE F*K DOWN YOU DOUCHBAG!!!" OMG, i almost died laughing when he said that.

Naw, they sit in section 114

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

For those of us out of town and not able to be there, ya'll sure make us proud! I damn ...near ...almost... believe again!

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i loved how everyone in our section called the lane violation when chuck was at the ft line.

good stuff, man. i had so much freaking fun.

great meeting up with dave2000, mig, kam, yoyo, seclusion, and heypee of course. moes and i had a lot of fun. :)

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

lol...my friends and i couldn't stop laughing at that on TV. we told each other, "watch, everyone on the Jazz is gonna move and the Rockets will jsut stand there."

lo and behold, Chuck delivered.

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Wasn't suprised about the cheering during the game but after the game was insane. We were coming down the escalaters and we STILL were cheering "UTAH SUCKS". I went outside and there was a local camera guy and everyone went nuts cheering "HOUSTON, HOUSTON" and almost knocked him over.

We're up 2-0, imagine wat will happen when we win the series :D .

11. rua2006

rua2006 Member

During shoot-around, when we were watching Chuck shoot, my friend mentioned to me "Gosh, he's going to cause like 50 lane violations." And then when he shot the free throws in the game, you could hear the crowd basically go "wtf!!" Excellent.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We had a ****ing blast! We started off in 415 but there were only a couple of people there getting excited, then we went over with Dave and the rest of the crew and it was awesome from there. I have no voice because I screamed pretty much every time the ball was in play.

Still can't believe we got to go to a friggin rockets playoff game.

Most awesome night ever.

btw - heyp is a crazy fool.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Real fans wouldn't be surprised.

;)

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, I was about 6 seats to the right of you two and I must say the section was lacking. I was screaming "DE-FENSE" with what voice I had left from Saturday's game, and it was like I was the only one who had ever been to a basketball game before. I felt so alone :(

In fact, the couple directly behind me didn't stand at all during the game, until the VERY end. I actually heard the guy say to his girl, "It's the last minute, so we have to stand now. Everybody stands the last minute."

WTF? Yes, everybody stands the last minute, but people who aren't complete losers stand during other parts of the game too.

15. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

hey i was in the top level and i didnt get a damn thing....i just had my rally towel from last game.

16. McGradyFTW

McGradyFTW Member

SECTION 410!!!!

I liked how the Tracy MVP chants were very subtle at first but by the end the whole arena was shaking with chants of "M-V-P!" in harmony.

That was a kinda awesome.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We have that MVP chant down to a science, you die it down right before he shoots so he doesn't brick :D

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea we had to die it down and swished every time we killed it.

as for the Chuck FTs, we were like "come Boozer/Okur JUMP IN GET YOUR RBD!!!!" and sure enough there was one called, and another if he didnt make the second FT :)

Awesome again sitting with yall and bet the drive back was brutal :( but hope it was worth it :)

btw, i posted the pic in another thread , but i'll post it here since I see yall responding in this thread

[​IMG]

heh, im calling in today, my voice is 1/2 ass right now :(

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

maybe the difference is Game 1 was a Saturday night, and Game 2 was a Monday night.

maybe maybe no

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I felt the crowd was just as good last night.