1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Progressive Iranian Soccer Decision

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HayesStreet, May 8, 2006.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

12 and 14 year old females are NOT women.

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No I wasn't kidding. While it's true Iran is probably among the most progressive Islamic nations (Saddam's Iraq was another one) in women's pursuit of science and technology, you can not deny that US women have more educational opportunities. The fact most choose non-engineering degrees does not mean they are forced out. It just shows they have far more options.

#102 wnes, May 9, 2006
    Last edited: May 9, 2006
  3. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

i understand what you're saying now

4. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

"Gyrating in public in a sexually suggestive manner" is hayes' opinion on schoolgirls' dancing routine, much like the Iranian mullah's dislike of their women attending soccer games. Apparently to hayes, it's OK to accuse others without reflecting his own stance on similar issues.

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Just to point out I had a wrong choice of word -- meant to say "more" rather than "fewer" educational opportunities -- in my post that you quoted. It has been corrected now.

6. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Guy, there are certain fields that American women and men are not going to equal in numbers which include egineering. Computer Science is all frank and beans. Just like nursing programs will lack men in numbers. Your conclusion is way off.

7. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I'm not getting your point. Are you suggesting that women attending soccer games is the equivalent of minor females gyrating in public in a sexually suggestive manner?

I find the two wholly incomparable but I am open to your explanation on why they are the same! I am for women being able to marry whoever they want - but am not for 12 year olds marrying anyone. Is that a contradiction? I think no. If you think yes then please enlighten us on the benefits of preteen marraige. :)

8. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

i dunno if american women have more educational opportunities than iranian women or vice versa...this is really a quantitative issue, but iranian women do make-up a majority as far as university students within iran are concerned

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The school board didn't think the dancing routine was sexually suggestive such that it warranted banning by legislation which you seemed to side with. The commonality between the two is that both you and the mullahs you are accusing of try to impose personal views on females by enacting some "morality laws."

Marriage and teen pregancy are irrelevant to the discussion. A female can flirt all she wants without physical contact with the opposite sex. Stay on the topic, hayes ;)

10. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

The difference being that I am talking about minors. Are you saying you are in favor of no restrictions on minors? Are you 'for' child p*rn, wnes? Are you a pedophile? Or do you, me, and the mullahs probably agree on that?

I'm just pointing out there is a difference between restrictions on minors and restrictions on adults.

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Are you saying the school board advocates child p*rn in the form of a dancing routine?

Hey the Mexicans and many European countries probably think the US stance on the age limitations of consenting sex is way too restictive, just as you think Iranians' attitude on women's freedom in general. They are just opinions, no more, no less.

12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Aer you saying you don't believe in more restrictions for children than for adults? Do you still beat your wife? ;)

restictive. dude, get your mind outta the gutter. Are you saying its ok to have sex with a 12 year old girl? Yes, it is opinion. I say no - what do you say?

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Getting frustrated after your BS hypocrisy is exposed?

BTW, don't get me start to list your frequent misuses of a possessive pronoun for certain subject-verb contraction form.

#113 wnes, May 9, 2006
  14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

No hypocrisy to expose unless you equate a 12 year old with a woman. I don't. If you do then please answer the questions about your pedophilia.

15. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

It's a hypocrisy because on the one hand you would support the legislation by an overzealous Texas lawmaker to ban the school board-approved dancing rountines on the basis of some conservative moral values fitting to yours while on other hand you are riduculing Iran's supreme leader's call for disallowing women attending soccer games for the similar reason as yours.

Age is a moot point in this discussion, unless of course you yourself are a pervert, who would link school board members to kiddy p*rn pimps.

#115 wnes, May 9, 2006
  16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Er, no - again you'd have to assert that there is no distinction between a woman's rights and a child's.

Er, no. There is a difference between a woman and a child. One should have the same rights as men (that would be women since you're confused) - the other shouldn't (that is why children can't drink or vote or drive or marry or have a right to have sex).