1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Progress: White to work out with member of Rockets staff at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 20, 2012.

1. nbafever

nbafever Member

Morey did point out that White has had rough times transitioning to new places, except Iowa, but he sat out one year before he could play. He had trouble in Univ of Minn too when he was new on the scene. Seems like it takes time for White to work out his trust issues.

The fact that he's willing to work out with a Rockets staff means he's acknowledging the organization finally. Huge first step.

When TJones and Dmo and Machado can't see playing time, there's no need to rush with White as well.

2. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Maybe White is the new Rodman going to see him in a dress soon.

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

The guy is a loser. He will end up living under a bridge somewhere telling hobos to "Be well".

2 people like this.
  4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes!!! That's what i'm talking about Royce!!

6. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Royce who?

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Royce White is a very intelligent dude -- he has his issues that he'll tell you about, but he's far from "dumb."

I'll take any kind of progress at this point. I have very little hope, simply because I feel succeeding at the NBA level takes major drive and determination and so far, Royce can't even get to Square One (and even if he does, there is a worry that he will retreat again).

He has a ton of work to do, and that's going to take genuine humility, coachability, hunger and hard work.

As for his game, we all know he's got tantalizing potential because of his bulk/strength, hands, versatility and driving/passing ability, but starting out, he's going to have to show progress in the areas of defense, rebounding and making contributions without the ball if he wants to get playing time. He's an intelligent guy who is very artistic and I'm not sure that those things are enough to satisfy him -- I may be wrong, but it seems he craves the blank canvas to paint on.

For that reason, I'd say his situation is tailor-made right now to get some work in the D-League. He needs to accept that calling and go down to McAllen and just kill it... force the Rockets' hand to move him up the chain.

8. Mariachi ROCKET

He's finally done getting milk from momies mammories!!!

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Forgive me, I have ATT Uverse. Who is Royce White?

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Being able to watch the games hasn't helped anyone up to this point learn who Royce White is.

11. Nook

Nook Member

You can be stupid and be a very good player... Unfortunately White just doesn't care enough.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23AnxietyTroopers">#AnxietyTroopers</a> The <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23MentalHealth">#MentalHealth</a> protocol was "put on hold" due to conflicts with the CBA/UPC, this is/has been keeping me from returning.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/281979842268917760" data-datetime="2012-12-21T04:30:07+00:00">December 21, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets deserve a gold star for sticking with this guy through the nonsense he put them through. Based on his tweets, it doesn't seem like he's had a change of heart one bit.

I've been optimistic about the whole situation since Royce first pulled over to put gas in the bus on his way to Orlando. However, I can't help but be conservative about this first step back. Ill believe it when I see it. This guy has some major questions to answer and the fans deserve an explanation. We aren't complete idiots.

14. just a word

just a word Member

Very good to hear! And I hope everything works out, though I'm a bit... I dunno, taken aback by the fact that someone ELSE had to say, for him, "I want to play for the Rockets more than anything."

And that it was never something that White himself tweeted...

Honestly, from a mental health perspective, I really do hope that he wants to play for the Rockets more anything, more than even how he's afraid/anxious. That'll give him something else to focus on, and can only turn into positive things.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Touché ...

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Athletic?!?!?

Royce White?!?!?

Are you serious?

If by "athletic" you meant "fat and lazy" (and mental) --> then yeah, sure. But otherwise, no.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not really. From an asset point of view, it doesn't make sense to dump a first round pick for nothing so quickly.

18. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

What does this mean?

19. highlander3128

Wow.

Here we have the first WOF. No?

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

1. The tweet doesn't say he'll be working on basketball with them ;)

2. White is a human first, player second, therefore, he doesn't want to play ball more than anything.

3. Why did it take over a month for him to say there was a hold up?

4. If he plays well, y'all know damn well we'll all become anxiety troopers :p

#40 RV6, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012