1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Progress: White to work out with member of Rockets staff at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 20, 2012.

1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lol

"I hate hate whites twitter messages, I must read everyone lol and tell everyone I'm so upset"

Unless white get fined by the nba .... His twits are just words like every othe nba player...

2. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Rockets are winning ....

Royce twits can't hurt you

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

one season which was decent in terms of numbers
    so scoring 13 points per game is domination... question again?!
    alright he has some potential I can agree with that

How many college games are there .... they don't even play that much
    I don't trust the draft at all..... more busts came out even in the lottery than star players.... and a lot of regular role players to boot which is again normal

again this was a risky move and a draft mistake...we could absorb or not
    red flags were there before draft..... he shoplifted and never took responsibility of his crime..... chose to show up whenever he wanted....

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

McHale won't play our rookies right now simply because they are not ready. Its not like he have a grudge against them, he will only put players on the floor who would give him the best chance in winning. As you can see, D-Mo and Jones are very talented players but right now, they still have a lot to learn.

McHale knows the team better than any of us. During garbage time, D-Mo and Jones both looked very talented but they are still struggling and will need lots of time to get adjusted to the speed of the NBA. Chandler Parsons, who was a rookie last year that worked his way into the starting line up. The thing with Parsons was that he adjusted well to the NBA and the coaches saw that he could impact the game already from the start. Even though it took Parsons a little while to get going but he manages to get going.

So don't blame McHale for White's selfish excuses for not participating with the team. McHale would only play players who are ready and would help the team win. White hasn't done anything to prove that he's ready for the NBA. He wasn't that much of a standout during the summer league, while Jeremy Lamb was a beast during the Summer League and he's going back and forth from OKC to the D-League.

Royce White was behind when he decided not to show up for media day and training camp. He played a few preseason games but was not that much of a standout either. Then the regular season barely started and he decided to stop showing up to games and practices because he's not in the rotation yet.... The Rockets only played a couple of games into the season and he's already going AWOL on the team because he's not in the rotation....

Seriously, if Royce is already causing all this problems early in his rookie year, he won't make it far in his career...

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Sounds familiar.. He never took responsibility of anything and is blaming the team.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

sometimes being a @basketball #Addict isn't that bad----#makingITintheNBA

7. just a word

just a word Member

Newest tweet actually made me yell at my screen ("SERIOUSLY?"):

Royce White ✔ @Highway_30
    That moment when somebody brings the best meal at the perfect time. A number 2 from #Wendy's... WITH no onions. STOP IT! #ImFatSoWhat​

...So. What.

I just. I want him to give a **** about basketball. I'm not wanting him to care more about the game than his health, or his 'transparency', or his 'truthiness', or whatever. I just want basketball to be SOMEWHERE in his priorities.

Ugh. Seriously, I wish he'd get his **** together and decide whether he's staying or going, and at this point I honestly think it'd be better for him in the long run to not be around these stressors while attempting to navigate the NBA and for the Rocket's organization to be free of this headache.

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I wonder, if Royce White feels that a gym full of people and kids are like a pack of wolves, then how would he feel when he's at an opposing team's arena during the playoffs?

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well, I know that true professional players in the NBA are really serious about what they eat. All the players in the NBA (except the lazy ones like Kwame) are really strict with their diet and they always watch what they eat. Most players would have an dietitian help them with their groceries.

I know guys like Lamar Odom and JR Smith who are crazy about candies and stuff.. But I guess Royce White isn't playing so he doesn't have to watch what he eats.

10. AbrahamLincoln

Yea I wondered this too. But he played some big college games and showed up a decent amount. I really don't understand how that works. Maybe he's thinking about ball more than all the other stuff when he's balling. Still, it's an odd thing for all the stress stuff to minimize itself to some degree during extremely high anxiety games and moments in the games.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I certainly don't hate White. Twitter is just the medium. I'm interested in knowing if this guy will ever play for the Rockets. He is using Twitter as his microphone to sound off. He doesn't speak otherwise.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Think about all the family/friends/coaches that made the effort to help Royce get to where he is today. About the child he created that he is obligated to support.

He's just throwing all that away.

13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Hey, what's up Royce. How ya doin buddy? Good to see you posting on here, care to play basketball anytime soon?

14. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If you want to know why I'm not playing, read my tweets, it's all there. If you don't, and your just asking to ask...pls refrain if you can.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/285066020832542721" data-datetime="2012-12-29T16:53:30+00:00">December 29, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Mitchmantc

Mitchmantc Member

So he admits that it is because he's whiny & self-pitying with (until proven otherwise) marginal NBA talent?

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Right on. But you didn't answer the question.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I've read his tweets and I don't understand at all aside from vague statements he makes about money being less important than happiness and healthiness. I'm in complete agreement with him...that's why I don't sign contracts or make promises that would cause me to sacrifice those things. But if I sign a contract and make a commitment, I feel like I probably owe the other party(ies) something.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

We have one of the best passing and rebounting power forward and he is not playing because of this damn problems. I have founds somethink similar in Whites game with Lebron watching highlights from sumer league and still waiting to see him at starting PF, or PG, who cares :)

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

He's a kid with mental issues acting like a kid with mental issues. whether it's ocd and anxiety like he says, or whether it's bipolar or narcissism - it doesn't matter. leave him be until he comes around, if he comes around. we're used to these young college athletes coming out and acting, for the most part, like grown men (and that's great). But every now and then we are bound to get one who is still a child. He will grow up in time or he won't. it is completely out of our hands.

and quit poking at him with these petty twitter comments (they're not clever or funny). hell, if you want to do something for him, pray for him.

2 people like this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets have really dropped the ball the last couple of drafts...