1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Procity Houston 2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BabyClutch, Jul 9, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

well with about 5 mins left in the 4th we walked outside because it was so crowded and i could hardly pay attention to the game because d. jones was standing right next to me talking to some indian guy who asked him if he would come to the rockets, to which damon said "hey i wanna see that playoff type money". i just was not impressed at all by bender, he is ultra-atheletic and had a nice dunk in the 3rd quarter that had the crown buzzing, but for a guy with his "potential" he is not one bit impressive. i missed the JR smith dunk i should have stayed for that but the stupid cop kept telling people we either had to find a seat or stand outside even though there were not any seats left. of course the celeb treatment came through as soon as d. jones and cassel walked in he stopped saying anything

2. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

sorry forgot to sign off under my brothers name i wrote that ;) :D

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

Ron Artest played tonight but his team lost to the Fonde All Stars. The championship game is wednesday. I plan on being there. Does anybody else plan on going? I asked before but I was wondering if anybody wants to meet up after the game just to put faces with screen names.

4. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

the commentator should be slapped and sued for false advertising. he said carmelo anthony was gonna show up today and he never showed up. ron artest disappointed me with his game monday night. he really did'nt dominate, or played any defense. one good thing about artest is that he played more of a team game instead of taking over the game himself. i have a feeling that rashard lewis's team is gonna upset the fonde all-stars.

5. bigbodymoe

i went to the fonde tonight and i must say that first game was very impressive in every aspect. it was highly competitive atmosphere and i especially enjoyed the rashard lewis/bender matchup. they went at each other and had some spectacular moves that brought the crowd to its feet. it was pretty weird watching two 6'11'' guys crossing each other over and going to the basket for reverses and thunderous dunks. ron artest stretched right next to me and the guy is an absolute physical specimen. i only watched the first quarter of the second game and i can confirm what the clippers are getting...sam cassell will not pass the ball!!!! on many possessions he had wide open teammates screaming for the ball but he never passed the rock once. i do plan on being there for the wednesday final to not only watch the game but get a few free items along the way :D

6. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

^^^^^^^^^^^ im going to the after party whenever the game ends :D and it would be cool if we all could meet up in person to see what every one looks behind the computer screen. are the girls attending the ball games true basketball fans? :eek: or are they just gold digging sluts up to no good??? :mad:

7. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I am going to try and make it to the final game. It will be my first game and i will probably be hanging with 10-12 people.

8. Bob

Bob Member

I plan on going too. It would be great to meet up. For the final I will be happy to get in the building.

9. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Are TMac and Artest supposed to be there for the last game?

10. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

they should have sent mike james into the stands to collect money to fix the roof. I've heard he's pretty good at KEEPING dimes.

11. bigbodymoe

some of them are true fans, but the rest, its really pretty funny because they have on their finest outfits and have their hair done and the players pay them no mind at all. you can tell they have fond dreams of being with any of the players :D

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm gonna be at the game but I cant make it to the after party, thats why I asked if anyone wanted to meet up outside the Fonde or in the lobby or something after the game. Anybody have any ideas?

13. bigbodymoe

just got home from the fonde tonight where the championship game took place. once again it was a great atmosphere and alot of players showed up. stevie francis, cat mobley, rasual butler, t.j ford, shandon anderson, pig miller, moses malone, among others were in attendance. the game featured a team with rashard lewis, damon jones, ansu sesay, vs. a team with sam cassel, moochie, mike who? james, and others. the game was very exciting in some stretches especially in the beginning when sam i'am couldnt miss with his eyes closed. i left after the 3rd quarter and rashard lewis's team was up by about 16 pts. i got alot of autographs and the player most excited to actually sign an autograph for me was rasual butler, who actually yelled at mobley to hold his food and beverages to sign an autograph for me and thanked me. overall a good time though and in case there was a dramatic turnaround in the score someone who stayed could please let me know.

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

Gerald Green was there too. It was a great and intense game. Cant wait till next year. Someone needs to sign Myron "The Show" Allen.

15. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

yeah myron allen is the truth, as well as tack minor. unfortunately for allen; he is a juco player, and juco players get treated like **** in the nba. (see qyntel woods). that dude "sticks" who is allededgy 7 foot 9, (once again i said allegedly, because he is only 7 feet) is also the truth. players should have doubled up on kendrick perkins more, because he is money from 12 feet in. rashard lewis won mvp and team black won the pro city championship. cassel was automatic, as well as mike james. unfortunately, moochie norris played ball like **** in the final minutes. too much fancy dribbling, and not enough execution. fonde all stars lost as rashard lewis sealed the deal on a couple of three-pointers. gerald green, steve francis, cuttino mobley, and big bank hank (i have no idea who this negro is......) were also there. players signed autographs, and everyone went home (or to the after party) happy.

16. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

"Big Bank Hank"..who is that fool? I saw him holding a cup with his namesake on it encrusted with diamonds like he was lil jon. He's probably some wannabe.

17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

It's the people's champ, I'm something like a baller
    The candy paint dripping off of the old school Impala
    I'm with that Big Bank Hank, that Poppi Joe and Box
    Trunk bump like chicken pox, turn the bass up just a notch

I wanted to go but I missed out, another oppurtunity knocked.

There is always next year.

19. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

Translation please.

20. JamesC

JamesC Member

Nobody seems to know exactly what Big Bank Hank does. To me it seems like he just popped up on the scene. My boy said somebody told him he owns a club but I dont know if thats true.