1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Procity Houston 2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BabyClutch, Jul 9, 2005.

1. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

Indoors

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

Crap, I had to work on monday and again on wednesday. I guess I'll just have to hope I get one of those days off next week.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

You should go, its really cool. There is good competition, it lasts about 8 weeks; then the playoffs start. I had fun out there today.

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

I lived at the Fonde last summer. Its the best free basketball you'll ever see in your life. Were there a lot of groupies there again this year?

5. tim562

Yep, there sure was.

6. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

you idiots are no help at all. where is sabine street??? :mad:

7. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I know that if you're going on 45 north you can take the Allen Parkway exit and be ready to make a right turn on Sabine Street. Go all the way to the end and Fonde is right there.

8. tim562

Ever heard of Mapquest fool.........geez

Fredy just said it for you.....look above this post. Its not hard, its the first street on your right once you exit Allen Parkway; go all the way down the street past some lofts and you'll see the gym on the right. Its the BIG SIGN that SAYS 110 SABINE STREET.

9. RioGrando

RioGrando Member

Since Pro City has started, has anyone a recap of how Stoudemire is doing? I see him being the what we need in a point guard, if he's down to play for a Championship ring.

10. tim562

Well, in his first game, he shot pretty well. In the first three quarters, he kinda passed up some shots, but in the fourth quarter, he shot lights out. He is really quick, got by his defenders really easily.

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

I tried to email you directions four times but it came back to me saying failure delivery. Is your mailbox full?

12. dcheng112

dcheng112 Member

Who went to see the ProCity tournament? Any NBA players there yesterday?

13. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Im working right down the street and desperately want to go over there, but I got a tight deadline right now that will most likely prevent me from doing so. :(

14. tim562

Well, I am on my way back there again.....I'll be in a Rockets shirt sitting on the first row opposite side of the benches on the right side. I'll give updates when i get back.

15. KHimmatramka

KHimmatramka Member

I went on Monday. It was pretty cool but I expected better. Some of the big guys there were Damon Stoudmire, Mike James, Moochie Norris... and Sam Cassell (he didn't play, he sat in the stands).

16. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

can someone who attended Wednesday's games please give a recap of the action.

17. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

I was there with my buddy, standing at halfcourt. The first game was weak, a blowout, and nobody I really recognized. The second game went down to the wire and was pretty good.

Brief recap: Mike James and Moochie Norris on one team, the Fonde Allstars, and Tierre Brown on the gray team (one really tall and skinny guy nicknamed "Sticks") w/ Rashard Lewis sitting on the gray team's bench (not playing, but he was really into it, hyping up the players and all). Mike James, I swear, looked like the Mike James with the Rockets x 2, jacking up jumpers off the dribble, missing around 80% of them, though he did hit a timely three and got some nice breakaway layups. Moochie basically did the same, though he actually hit a few 3's off the dribble, which is pretty damn rare in NBA reality. The basketball action is alright, not stellar, but it does feel good just being in the atmosphere. It's funny, there are hoopties all parked around a Maybach in front! That's the spirit of Fonde, and I really like that. In the stands: Cassell, Mobley, Van Exel, Posey, and Rashard Lewis. Not a bad night.

18. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

moochie and mike james looked like francis and mobley minnie-mes with all that constant ball hogging. PASS THE DAMN BALL FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!

19. JamesC

JamesC Member

I guess you found out how to get there. Well for the record I did try to send you directions. Its all good though.

20. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

Tierre Brown is garbage. even in streetball. i dont wanna see Tierre Brown shoot another college 3-pointer ever again. he should have concentrated more on getting other players touches instead of that one on one bs. dude's shot off the dribble is horrible. and the commentator kept saying that hes LA's finest. :rolleyes: Tierre's team would have won the game if he would have gave ansu sesay more touches. Sesay had a pretty good game nonetheless. (16 points) the ballhogging and crappy shooting of tierre brown. :mad: