1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pritchard confirms Blazers searching for his replacement

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 15, 2010.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's so overrated, it isn't even funny. He wasn't even the main man during the draft that got them Aldridge and Roy. Former Rocket GM, Steve Patterson was.

2. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

If Allen has any sense (And you would have to assume he has), Pritchard drafting Oden cannot be the main reason for his firing. I think there are some other issues at play and IIRC, there have been some articles in the past suggesting just that. Big men are more injury prone and that cannot be helped. The fact remains that you still need quality bigs to win in this league. I don't see OKC winning anything before they manage to acquire some more talent at 4 and 5 spots, even if Durant develops even further.

In any case, judging anybody by just short term results is foolish. Without the analysis, strategy, decisions and all that behind the results, they don't tell you much. Of course, especially the not knowledgeable decision makers don't have much more information than the results so they have to go by that.

All that being said, it's not like Oden is the only injured guy on the Blazers.
    I'm not that interested in to examining the medical history of every player they have but you have to wonder if there is something of a pattern of going for the more injury prone players:

Marcus Camby is the obvious example but what many people like to forget is that Brandon Roy had some major question marks on his injuries during the draft process. He is a guy who had multiple surgeries on his knees ALREADY IN COLLEGE and in result, he seems to have very little cartilage left at least in his other knee. Roy has been able to suit up to most of the games but you have to at least wonder if his health soon will go to the way of T-Mac. Of course, because he hasn't completely lost his health yet, people looking at just the results don't seem to think him as a risky investment.

I'm not saying that taking risks with injury prone players who have the ability is the wrong strategy, I'm just wondering if the same people bashing Rockets for going for the T-Mac/Yao combo are equally critical of Roy and the Blazers.