1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

prime kobe v.s. prime LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by catch22, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

thats because lebron is a team player and kobe doesn't know what a team player is

2. supdudes

supdudes Member

Last time I checked basketball was only a semi-team sport.

Watch more international ball if team basketball is your cup of tea

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

While Lebron is the better overall team player, I would pick a prime Kobe because of:

1) Killer and unstoppable jump-shot, which has been Lebron's Achilles Heel.
    2) Edge in drive and competitiveness. I am not saying Lebron doesn't have these qualities. Kobe just has more.

If Lebron develops a consistent and unstoppable post game in the future, then I will change my stance.

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

game, set, and match

I used to hate LeBron, but when you watch this guy over the years.. you start to realize that the media underrates a lot.

I mean that game he quit againist the Celtics in game 5.. you could see he wasnt focused on the game. But he was still better than any player on the floor playing like crap. I had a chance to go back and look at the footage of that game.

LeBron is so good, that you can see when he is not playing up to his skill, even when a causal viewer would say he looked ok to me... LeBron is the GOAT

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fdqy27KsqYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

prime Kobe isnt better than prime Lebron.. not even close

Kobe defense is kinda overrated too, but the media never calls him out in it

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

What? Is Wade/Bosh not enough? What more does he need?

7. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Prime Tmac close thread

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah that convinced me.

NOT.

9. 713

713 Member

prime t-mac

/thread

10. SunsRocketsfan

I prefer Prime Kobe.. mmmm
    [​IMG]

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lebron and it isn't even close. The stats are far superior as is the record of what he has done surrounded by so little talent.

We've already seen what Kobe can('t) do when he isn't flanked by an All Star post player or two.

12. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

Jesus Christ LeBron can play 1-5, advance da ball, makes da pass, bully bigs 4 da board, post up, AND take the game over at the end. Kobes a chucker.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong thread. You were looking for scoring champions who can't lead a team out of the first round.
    This is about Kobe and lebron.winners

14. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

There shouldn't even be a debate on this one:

Lebron is a dominant defender. A more physical and athletic version of Pippen at his prime that can shut down the side of the offense he's on. Plus, he has the versatility to guard every position. Kobe was a good, but not dominant defender.

Kobe's FG% has never even reached 47%. Lebron's has only been below 47% was his rookie year. This year he had a 53% FG%. That's a huge difference.

Lebron has room to improve, even while he has 3-4 more years of his peak athleticism. He just added his post-moves this year, which rendered him completely unguardable. And his stepping up in big games this past year, pretty much erased any weakness he had left.

Lebron is way better in defense and offensive efficiency, significantly better in passing and rebounding. Plus, Lebron carried a bunch of scrubs to the Finals by himself (Zydrunas was the only guy on that team that starts for other playoff teams). Now think about Kobe on that team instead of Lebron. They go nowhere. Kobe has never done it without a dominant post player. And Lebron did that before his peak.

This question is just ridiculous.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

lol you are ridiculous. do you just surf clutchfans for tmac posts. you owe tmac and awful lot, you would have nothing to do if he never existed.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy fans are just jealous fans. The two players they hate the most are being compared.
    They only hate them cause they are vastly superior to their overrated hero.

1 person likes this.
  17. clippy

clippy Member

It's awesome to see people coming around on this. LeBron has been better than Kobe ever was since his second year in the NBA, but he didn't have the stacked talent that Kobe had then (and continues to have now) until 2010. As time goes on, Kobe's place in history will fade and LBJ's will grow. Ironically, if LBJ and the Heat beat Kobe's current "superteam" (where Kobe is once again relegated to the sidekick role that he's built his reputation on), it'll only add to LeBron's legacy.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Last time I checked regardless of what level of basketball it is jacking up 40+ shots a game is detrimental to your team. :rolleyes:
    I love superstar iso-ball. However no team is going to win with one player taking all the shots.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Lebron is the only player that i can remmeber that can be on Team USA surrounded by Durant, Kobe, Melo, Kevin Love, Chris Paul. And clearly just stand out on the court... ITS INCREDIBLE

I understand how this is the late stage of Kobe's career, but watching Team USA play. Its almost as if you forget Kobe is on the team. LeBron is the GOAT

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Kobe: Better shooter
    Kobe: Better in the clutch
    Lebron: Better driver
    Lebron: Better distributor
    Lebron: Better defender

I think if we were talking purely scoring, I might give Kobe a slight nod, but Lebron does more things at a higher level which clearly makes him a better player overall.