1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

prime kobe v.s. prime LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by catch22, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I'm saying is that he's an all time great because he's one of the all time greatest players to ever play the game....you know, what intelligent people base things like this on and not on how good other players around him were.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I never really thought of Kobe in the GOAT conversation. Am I just a hater here? To me he's somewhere in the top 10-15 all time range. I have Duncan easily ahead of him even. I know my name might make it seem biased but I just find his style of play absolutely horrible. His highlights look amazing but in the actual game it can get disgusting. He might have some of the worst shot selection all time and just makes up for it by being extremely talented. Kobe on a bad day is brick brick brick brick on shots that shouldn't be attempted. I feel like with his skill, knowing when to take it and when to dish it around would have him closer to the top.

3. hakeemthagreat

Hogwash. Andrew Bynum? Lmaoooooooo. Where exactly is he on the bigman list? He was a bordeline scrub who benefited playing w/ Kobe. He was never a Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. Is this the same man that yall claim was responsible for Kobe's last 2 rings???[​IMG]

HtownTrill likes this.
  4. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

what facts support him being an all time great ?
    Or should I say Alternate thoughts or even better Alternative Facts .

5. hakeemthagreat

Again, lets put this in perspective. You have Wade, prime Bosh, Kevin Love, Ray Allen & Kryie Irving, and you're putting THESE GUYS in the same sentence

[​IMG]
    How many allstar games did this guy play in
    [​IMG]
    Lol. The Kobe hate is strong when you make a scrub like Andrew Bynum & Pau Gasol into the best players in the NBA lol. Andrew Bynum? Really????

#245 hakeemthagreat, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    HtownTrill likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, again, I don't have the time to teach you basically everything about basketball kiddo. suffice it to say, if you have to ask, you don't belong in the conversation.

7. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Imagine telling LeBron that his two top players would be Pau and Bynum, would that mother****er throw a fit lmao

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Yea I SERIOUSLY doubt Lebron ever says "let me call up Pau, Andrew and get Lamar outta rehab 2 form me a superteam" lol.

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Bynum was never the same after the knee problems, but when he was healthy he was a top 3 center in the game along with Yao and Dwight. Also, I never said Bynum was responsible for the last 2 rings but he and Pau were certainly the best frontline in the NBA at the time. The Lakers were constantly among the top teams in rebounding which was very beneficial for Kobe, he could chuck up as many shots as he wanted virtually risk free.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You were wrong the first time, so you can't really use the qualifier "again," because implies the first thing you said was correct.

Literally every single sentence you just wrote is false, and a 5 minute Google search can prove it. I'm just going to spell it out. After all, if you were capable of using the internet effectively, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

1) you absolutely can chuck at a terrible percentage and win championships, as long as you aren't the best player on your team.

2) I would trade any player in the current NBA not named Lebron for a prime Shaq.

3) the best team to ever step on the hardwood played LAST season.

4) do you think Lebron has created more super stars than Kobe has destroyed? It has to be close.

You know what's amazing? The Lakers haven't paid you a dime, but they still own you.

11. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

lmao strong argument in trying to use bynum's clown-like appearance as any justification as to how he didn't help kobe.

did you forget rodman looked even more ridiculous and contributed a lot to jordan's rings?

Daddy Long Legs and roslolian like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes why don't we put it into perspective? Wade, Bosh, Irving and Love didn't play together they were 2 different teams. Ray Allen wasn't an allstar when he joined the heat why bother saying his allstars?

Kobe played with Shaq who got him his 3 rings, prime Shaq is one of the best players ever just by himself he was better than all of Lebron's supporting cast it was lile playing with Hakeem or MJ. Those pics you posted of Lamar odom and Bynum are after their champ years with the Lakers why don't I post a pic of Kobe's fat ass now and you tell me if he's better than Lebron? :rolleyes:

Pau Gasol is a lock for the HOF as the Spanish MVP, only a Kobe fanboy like you will call him a scrub what were the Laker's record again before he arrived?

If Lebron had so much help and Kobe did so much for his team how come Lebron has better stats including more rebs, pts, assists and fg% in the playoffs than Kobe? How can he compile all these rebs and pts if Wade and Bosh were doing all the work for him? How come Lebron has 4 MVPs to Kobe's 1 if he just relies on his teammates?

Oh wait Lebron hard carried a lottery team to the Finals, kobe couldn't even get past 1 round in 3 tries.

That's the right perspective. You got to be some Kobe drugs if you think he is better than Lebron. Even Kobe knows Lebron is better than him look at his fat ass now.

13. hakeemthagreat

First off, Shaq was one of the greatest players ever so we're not debating that. But to say he "gave Kobe 3 rings" is inaccurate and just pure hatred for Kobe. As dominant as Shaq was, he was always a liability in the 4th quarter. Kobe was the one hitting clutch shots making plays down the stretch during those runs. How many clutch plays did Shaq make? Outside of the famous lob Kobe threw him? So it was a 50/50 pay off. Secondly, just looking at supporting casts its CLEARLY in favor of Lebron. Nobody in their right minds would trade Wade/Bosh/Allen over Pau/Bynum/Odom lol. Wade was ALREADY a champion before Lebron. Bosh had averaged 26 & 10 before coming to Miami & Ray was still among the best 3pt shooters in the NBA. You compare this to Andrew Bynum? Lamar Odom? Gasol has had a solid career but he was never a superstar.. But since you keep ignoring my question, how many allstar games has Bynum & Odom had combined? What accolades do they have? We all know about Wade & Ray Allen. Where is Andrew Bynum & Lamar Odom going down in the history books?

14. hakeemthagreat

Ok I'll make it easy for you. Where is Andrew Bynum in the goat bigman conversation? What accolades does he have? lol. What are his career numbers compared to Wade & Bosh's? We can throw Lamar Odom in this too. Prove me wrong

15. hakeemthagreat

Wait huh, what? Who exactly was the best player on the Lakers last 2 championship teams? And who are the superstars Lebron "created"? You can't claim I'm wrong and turn around and make stuff up lol. Take your time responding to my questions please

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wade with LeBron in the postseason:
    2011 - 25/7/4 on 49%, 29% and 77% shooting
    2012 - 23/5/4 on 46%, 29% and 83% shooting
    2013 - 16/5/5 on 46%, 25% and 75% shooting
    2014 - 18/4/4 on 50%, 38% and 77% shooting

Bosh with LeBron in the postseason:
    2011 - 19/9/1 on 47% and 81% shooting
    2012 - 14/8/1 on 49% and 83% shooting (only 14 games played)
    2013 - 12/7/2 on 46%, 41% and 73% shooting
    2014 - 15/6/1 on 51%, 41% and 75% shooting

Gasol with Kobe in their best 4 year stretch (08-11)
    2008 - 17/9/4 on 53% and 70% shooting
    2009 - 18/11/3 on 58% and 71% shooting
    2010 - 20/11/4 on 54% and 76% shooting
    2011 - 13/8/4 on 42% and 80% shooting

Odom with Kobe in their best 4 year stretch (08-11)
    2008 - 14/10/3 on 49% and 66% shooting
    2009 - 12/9/2 on 52% and 61% shooting
    2010 - 10/9/2 on 47% and 60% shooting
    2011 - 12/7/2 on 46% and 71% shooting

Yeah, that Wade/Bosh > Gasol/Odom talk sounds nice when talking about names on the back of jerseys, but when you look at actual production, well....

(And that doesn't even account for the rest of the roster or having arguably the best coach ever on the sideline)

roslolian likes this.
  17. Icehouse

Provide support for this. If he was a liability in Q4 then Kobe should have routinely outscored him in that quarter, right?

18. hakeemthagreat

Outscored him in clutch 4th quarter stretches?

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Kobe fanboy confirmed.

20. Icehouse

Hmm, moving the goalposts already?

You said Shaq was a Q4 liability. Prove that. Also define "clutch 4th quarter stretches". Last minute? Last two? Last five? Then support that as well.