1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. illteacher

illteacher Member

2. awc713

awc713 Member

Pabo 100% MUST take some of Bev's minutes. Bev at 20 MPG and Pablo at 10 MPG would be perfect.

3. Zbed

Zbed Member

I love reading this stuff lol. Thanks for sharing.

4. pippsux

pippsux Member

I like his play...
    Harden cant be our true pg going into the post season.
    Bev should be used in short spurts defensively.

1 person likes this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

Ya know, I didn't really appreciate what an proper point guard would look like for this team until I saw some of the passes he made yesterday. He knew exactly how to make things happen by using others. I'd upgrade him to starting PG just based on yesterday, but then that would put Bevs back in the second unit leaving it with no proper point ability.

Play him as much as he can feels he can muster. Then hire him as a point guard coach next season if you're not going to keep him on the roster. It's amazing how commonly foreigner players seem to dwarf their American counterparts in court vision. It has to be because they can rarely physically match the the supermen we genetically engineer over here, so they have to be extra smart instead. I like this guy a lot.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You should post more often.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I agree. I think with the team we have around him he will actually be a plus defender for the most part. Hopefully im right though lol.

8. daernoth

daernoth Member

I loved the guy. The man is perfect for our team. He IS old for a bball player so you can't give him too many minutes but whatever he can handle I would give him. Bev's ability to run the offense isn't remotely comparable and Jet of course is not really a point guard though he does his best.

9. Lando

Lando Member

Good stuff

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

McHale started Beverly because of his defense. He's a 3-D type player and not an actual point guard which is why Harden has the ball most of the time.

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I have a feeling he'll be eating into Terry's minutes. I can't see us going with a 3 PG rotation.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You can't be serious. He actually gave that second unit DIRECTION. Brewer, Smith, D-Mo, and Terry were all able to get to their spots because he knew how to run the offense. You realize that a majority of the 15-1 run was with Prigioni on the floor, right? Just because he's not athletic doesn't mean he's not an asset.

1 person likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Pablo Prigioni the NBA player who looks the least like an NBA player?

When watching the Rockets games, I keep on thinking how much Pablo Prigioni doesn't look like an NBA player. If I see him on the street or in a local gym, it wouldn't strike me that this guy plays in the NBA. He just kind of has the "old guy at YMCA" vibe.

Does anyone else look less like an NBA player than Pablo?

Maybe Andre Miller, who has a similar vibe?
    Big Baby Davis, who looks like a football lineman?

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Green from GS. Ryan Bowen. Ha ha.
    Augustine the midget
    Kpap. Skinny fat

15. basketballholic

Prigioni should get every minute Harden sits.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

He seems calm, which is a good thing.

18. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

My only concern was how be went under picks. A few times he would go under a pick to be picked off and go under that one as well leaving he shooter wide open since there wasn't a switch. I know hes trying to get around as quickly as possible, but they were taking advantage of it. I'm sure it will be pointed out by coaching staff and worked out by having him fight over, or have a switch.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

The over/under a pick is usually assigned by the coaching staff for certain players. I would assume it was a defensive strategy at that time. I may be wrong though.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We need to keep some perspective about his play. The cat barely found his locker and he's already making an impact, 37 years old or not. He'll be better after some practices and games with the guys, and as long as McHale doesn't give him too many minutes (which has happened with Terry pretty often, in my opinion), Prigioni should be very effective. We are not the Knicks. Nice post.