1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prigioni > Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason this thread exists is that there are still Lin fans lurking around on these forums.

**** Lin fans, they were so happy when we were down 3-1, hahaha.

And yea, the man speaks the truth, Prigioni sure didn't choke away a game.

2. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am surprised there's no Brewer>T-mac thread by tinman. C'mon, I know you want to start one. ;)

3. Nook

Nook Member

Prigs is a role player and he is a better role player than Lin is. Jeremy is a better high usage player than Prigs but the problem is that you are in trouble if Lin is a high usage player on your team.

Prigs is a solid defender, he protects the ball, a good passer and a high percentage shooter that is very efficient. Those qualities make him a valuable role player on a team.

Also just to be clear, he did more than hit a 3 and gets some steals. He had 3 steals, 4 assists, 0 turnovers and calmed the offense down a great deal and defended CP3 very well. He is simply very competent.

I don't think there should be any debate, from the perspective of this Rockets team, Prigs > Lin.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a fantastic post!

I wouldn't want to see CP3 defended by Lin.

look at the head to head. CP3 drops 17 and 11 on him and won 9 out 11 times.
    look at that 3 turnovers by lin to 1 by cp3, plus lin's shooting % is 38%
    that's bad.

<PRE>
    Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Chris Paul 11 9 2 11 34.2 5.5 12.0 .455 1.5 3.6 .400 4.3 4.7 .904 0.4 3.4 3.7 11.4 2.3 0.0 1.2 2.9 16.6
    Jeremy Lin 11 2 9 8 25.8 3.4 8.8 .381 1.0 2.6 .379 3.0 3.5 .868 0.4 1.6 2.0 4.7 0.6 0.3 3.3 2.8 10.7
    </PRE>

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol @ this hubris... downfall will be hilarious

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Trying to be fair here without typing with your emotions... Obviously Lin is the superior talent, but give me Pablo over Lin in the playoffs. Lin has been exposed as a liability in the playoffs because he mentally checks out under the brightest lights. Pablo is a third string scrub but he's fearless and plays with heart in the playoffs. And damn, even Pablo is a better ball handler than Lin. :(

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Would we have this team that we have now has we won?

Would that team have stopped the Rollin' Spurs?

Let's let it go.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Prigs really understands the game. He is a smart player.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This one's for Clutch City! C'mon and raise up
    Take your shirt off, twist it 'round yo head
    Spin it like a helicopter
    Clutch City! C'mon and raise up
    This one's for you, uh-huh, this one's for who?
    Us, us, us; yes sir!

Who am I? Pablo Prigioni mother****er!

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Pablo turned 38 yesterday

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Tinman...let it go bro...

Jeremy was a good kid...tried hard, but you cant infuse a winning/basketball pedigree in such players...

Dont hate the dude at all. Supported him when he rolled with our boys. But wont lie...glad Prigs is here.

Also... Bev has shown to be the heart beat at times...but I do not want Bev to come in a ruin any chemistry this team has garnered...

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone who didn't watch the game and simply looked at the stat line might assume that Pablo played a minor role in this victory. A perfect example of why you have to actually watch the games.

Viva Prigioni!

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Why does this website continue to talk about Jeremy Lin?

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The guy just doesnt make mistakes...seriously. Basketball IQ is such an underrated thing...

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

'cause LOFs keep on spamming and trolling. the clippers series brought them out of the woodwork.

16. Nook

Nook Member

There is no "downfall"... It has been a successful year no matter what happens the rest of the way and Priggs has already helped the Rockets in the playoffs.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

feel free to discuss Pablo in the other thread you started or in the other game specific treads.

I'm tired of the Lin trolling, I can't stop it in the Dish, but you aint doing this crap in here during a time we should be coming together as fans.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.