1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Priest Holmes for Marvin Harrison & Eddie George

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Icehouse, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Should I do it?

I play in a 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, K, TE and DT league. I have Holmes, but no great receivers (T. Glenn, K. McCardell, T. Brown & Marty Booker). Deuce McCallister is my other RB, and I have TJ Duckett and K. Barlow off the bench.

The guy I'm trading with is not in my division. However, he also has Faulk on his team, and I'm kinda worried about him having a Faulk/Holmes combination if I have to meet him in the playoffs (he's 3-0, I'm 2-1).

His other receivers are E. Moulds, P. Burress, D. Branch and Q. Morgan.

Thoughts???

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Lineup before the trade:

RB1: Priest Holmes
    RB2: Deuce McAllister

WR1: Tim Brown
    WR2: Marty Booker or Terry Glenn

Lineup after the trade:

RB1: Deuce McAllister
    RB2: Eddie George

WR1: Marvin Harrison
    WR2: Tim Brown

I like the pre-trade lineup a lot better. Holmes has been terrific and it looks like George will never be the running back he was two years ago. Stick with what you have.

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You let someone have Faulk and Holmes and you can kiss your money goodbye.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

No trade.

Holmes is a TD, rushing, and reception machine. Can he keep up his current pace? Probably not, but he's shown he's no fluke. Holmes is KC's offense, plain and simple. He's this year's Marshall Faulk. I think you'll be fine at WR with Tim Brown and Marty Booker. Eddie George is starting to break down. McAllister (Double Deuce!) is still unproven. Stick with Holmes.

Also, like mateo pointed out, giving a competitor Holmes and Faulk is giving away the championship.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Thanks guys.

Yeah, that's my main fear.