1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Presidential Inauguration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 20, 2005.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Because the "funds" weren't "funded"....they were borrowed....just like the rest of this credit card "Administration". I hope your Grandchildren enjoy paying it off.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

that doesn't exactly define ironic....but if it makes you happy, more power to ya!

3. Chump

Chump Member

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, Jenna is HOT!

I think she lost a little weight, not that she needed to.

5. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

I voted for Kerry and would have rather seen Kerry in today's ceremonies. However, as I mentioned in other threads, I for one will not let my bitterness skew what should be a great day for ALL Americans. It's democracy at work. The voices of the people were heard and more voices said Bush than Kerry. It was a legitimate election and my candidate lost. End of story.

There was one thing during the ceremonies that did sadden me and that was seeing the state of William Rehnquist. It was truly painful for me to see him struggle to walk upon being introduced. He was barely recognizable. As a conservative, I have always supported Rehnquist's decisions and I have a deep respect for him. This country will lose a valuable asset and a great American when he passes on.

#25 AggieRocket, Jan 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Yea we should not have given $.01 to the Tsunadia victims. I mean we are in debt we can't possibly afford to spend any money on anything!

7. NJRocket

what happened in Tsunadia? I'm always the last to know!

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nice post, AggieRocket. I felt the same way for both of Clinton's inaugurations. It would be nice if more Kerry voters shared your view.

9. NJRocket

i agree....enough with the long faces already

10. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

We all do share those views, the first time around I didnt because I still think he and Jeb stole it, however no need to be bitter cause you cant change it. This time I have more respect for his win, because I dont think he stole it. He won fair and square in the name of politics. However I still dont think president's who win a second term need inauguration. Its a waste (whether he be Dem/Rep)

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The voters of our country have spoken and our president has been sworn in - those that disagree with the choice have the right to voice their opinions peacefully ~ great day for the U.S. anyway you look at it… :)

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I was going to keep my mouth shut but I just can't. I have stayed out of the D&D for a while thinking I could let it go but I can't.

A great day for America?

The man should be on trial for war crimes! He has disgraced America and the office of president! He deserves nothing but scorn, ridicule and derision!

The day can't come soon enough until this nightmare is over in America!

Ashamed? I should be ashamed?!?!

Yes! I'm ashamed! I'm ashamed that this moron represents me to the world! I'm ashamed that over 1500 families lives have been forever shattered! I'm ashamed that over 100,000 Iraqis have lost thier lives because of...what? Freedom? Liberty?

Or was it WMDs?

13. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

rocketman tex.. my original response was to the remark about the security detail..

I still don't understand what his security detail has to do with liberties and freedoms..

14. mc mark

I know you're smarter than that Rocket Fan.

Everywhere Bush has gone the last three years. Everywhere! Overseas, around the country, every local government has suppressed their people from coming close and even speaking or seeing him. I have a right to go to a political rally! I have a right to hear my politicos speak! When I can't, that's curtailing my freedoms.

But you knew that.

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mc mark. post 9-11 especially overseas I doubt youd be able to get near the president no matter who it is .. is what i'm saying.

If kerry had won.. I'd think it would be the same way.

IT makes sense to me that for security reasons you have to be careful about letting people near the president..

No matter who the president is.. I doubt anyone could just go to any rally they wanted to listen to him

16. lnghrn4life

lnghrn4life Member

Mc Mark: I actually got to see the President speak in Florida and in New Orleans a few years back. So Step Off.

Great Day for the Country

17. mc mark

And that's okay with you?

No. If Kerry would have won I guarantee you wouldn't see people burning his effigy in the streets.

lnghrn4life of course you did. You give him some money too?

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Welcome back, McMark.

19. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mc mark. I think there are logistics around it too.

When you go to a city only a certain number of people can go to a rally.

You think its reasonable security wise to let EVERYONE in?

Would you agree to at least go through a security and background check etc to meet the president?

In the world we live in you have to be careful about who is getting near the most powerful man in the world

20. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I'm with you on the fact that I wish me and everyone else could meet the president in our time.

But I don't think that will ever happen with any president because of security concerns.