1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President Trump: Post election week one

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Nov 14, 2016.

?

Do you feel more confident or less confident about Trump post election day?

1. I am left leaning and I feel more confident about Trump

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. I am left leaning and I feel less confident about Trump

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I am right leaning and I feel more confident about Trump

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am right leaning and I feel less confident about Trump

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. dmoneybangbang

That's all that matters in the end.... Redeem yourself when Mattress Mac asks you to bet on the super bowl.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And let's play the same game and level the same criticisms. People often criticize moderate Muslims for not doing more to stop the extremists.

We've heard a lot about ISIS on this site, but these right wing extremists kill more people in our nation than ISIS does. What has been done by the moderate right wingers to criticize them and distance themselves from them? I know that some of them have done nothing. They have voted for a leader that has put Steve Bannon who holds the same ideology as these murdering extremists in the cabinet. Imagine if Obama had put someone who holds to the same ideology as ISIS in his cabinet.

3. dmoneybangbang

I'm a policy wonk so I see a lot of ignorance in Trump. I see a contradiction in Trump and the GOP that I am looking forward to play out.

It's not that I don't think Trump can't be shrewd, but I am completely turned off by his delivery and message.

da_juice likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Bill Burr is hilarious.... easy to go into a youtube rabbit hole with his stand up.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Back up your facts.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Steve Bannon...

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I linked to an article in the original post I made about the subject. I linked to mine.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Again, this is the BEST case scenario. We all have to pray that Trump acquiesces to the right wing establishment, and it's just another Bush where he's not affecting your day to day living, and we don't have ridiculous ideas like trade wars from stupid tariffs to the Chinese driving your everyday cost of living up 20-30%. Of course Bush era deregulation led to the housing then financial crisis of 2007-2008, but it could have been much worse...

Don't take it from me, listen to this editorial from notorious left-wing propaganda website, the Dallas Morning News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2016/11/10/trumps-first-100-days-hit-texas-hard

da_juice likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

It was just to lighten the mood as Bill Burr is hilariously.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

So far, I'm cautiously optimistic. Of course my expectations of Trump were so dreadfully low that that might not mean much. I do appreciate his conciliatory tone and his willingness to at least say he's going to compromise on some issues. His calls to reassure military allies and trade partners is welcome. Bannon is a terrible choice, but it would have been worse if he was picked for chief of staff. Christie is out of the mix, which is good. At risk of alienation in the D&D, I'm going to be happy if he picks conservative justices. If he only picks one, we are back to the 5-4 conservative leaning status quo, which really isn't as bad as liberals think since Kennedy has been almost dead center lately. I'm just going to wait and see what he does when he actually takes office.

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[QUOTE="DaDakota, post: 10769707"

I personally believe that Congress (Republicans) will look to impeach him so Pence can take over.

DD [/QUOTE]

**** Vice President Pence. The more I read about him, the more it reaffirms how much scarier he is for the split American landscape.

If Trump were impeached for something like lying about a blowie, in today's stakes and ugly climate, I'd make the Dems keep the ******* to prevent the bigger ******* from taking office.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Trump is a bad dream.
    Pence will be a hellish nightmare.

13. Dei

Dei Member

To be honest, I've been gloating so much this past week it's finally starting to wear off. But then I read about Trump getting to appoint justices on the SC that would turn it conservatives for decades to come and I started laughing again.

cml750 likes this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Liberals will start whining about life time appointments now.

Everything is fair in politics ... until it works against you.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I enjoy the idea of making up things to be against that haven't even happened, and then whining about before it happens, even if it ever does happen. Great post.

Next thing you know Conservatives are going to institute Shoot a Liberal Day. How awful are these guys?

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump wants to give his three oldest adult children secret clearance, even though they will be running the day to day business of Trump Inc.

It is like he needs his kids to explain to him what it all means.

Good Times.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am now of the opinion that everything Trump says is bull***. Everything.

Build a wall? Maybe not. Anybody up for fences?

Put Hillary in prison? Maybe not.

Drain the swamp? Not unless he wants an all out war with Congress.

Repeal and replace Obamacare? Maybe not repeal.

Spend $1 trillion on infrastructure improvements? Maybe not..

Republicans in Congress do not want a wall, to drain the swamp, to replace Obamacare and to spend $1 trillion on infrastructure. But the Republican Congress does see a mandate on repealing Obamacare, lower taxes for the top 1%, and loading the Supreme Court with extreme, right wing activists (aka strict constructionists). The Republican Congress is treating Trump like a standard-issue-Republican who strictly follows the Republican Doctrine. I wonder how long it will take Trump to push back. There is certainly no love lost between Trump and the Republican Congressional Leadership, especially since how they treating him during the election.

#37 No Worries, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump has soften his tone and changed some of his positions because that's what politician does. He's probably still riding a high and is being generous.

I expected that we and Trump himself won't know what he will do. So it's pretty much the same Trump to me.

I do expect him to be guarded and start his dictator style soon after he run into problems. Stuff like removing certain press coverage, ignoring and putting up a walls against investigation into his administration (if and when he does illegal stuff and the GOP congress actually care about it), maybe even using DOJ and law enforcement to suppress opponents and people he doesn't like. Hopefully none of this materialize, but I wouldn't rule anything out with a egomaniac like Trump and the advisers that surround him.

19. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

While quoting the lamestream MSM, you ignored the female park ranger in the photo, who obviously will help MAGA if Trump can't find anyone else who supports him. VERY UNFAIR.