1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President Obama on Reddit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Aug 29, 2012.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Their server blew up!

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Pretty cool.

4. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I have to admit. I'm a little jealous of the commenter that got to correct the President's grammar on his answer to the space question.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Damn. How are you guys able to read the thread? Reddit's down for me.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Only you would use a tragedy for political gain.

Stay classy, Basso.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Why are politicians so dumb? This is a dumb as The SS Cracker, it really is.
    I figure it was 'planned' as a counter to the GOP convention but that is really dumb.

Obama should been down saving shrimp boats.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why does Obama hate white people?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Obviously because he's half white, self hatred.

1 person likes this.
  12. RedRedemption

Lol. Repped.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. RedRedemption

Am I hoping for too much?

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Great. He screwed reddit, now it's going it be flooded with his type of people. It was a nice place to diversify bias.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why do you hate thinking?

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

WhAAAAAAATTTT

Are you sure it hasn't been a giant liberal circlejerk from the time of its creation. Or is my sarcasm meter this broken.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

99% of the time I visit the World Politics section so my experience is limited there.

If what you're saying is that it has been more populated with classical liberals than you would generally experience in the United States, then I agree with you. IMO this is a more accurate reflection of the population of the world that frequents the internet.

If what you're saying is that it is mostly filled with America-style liberals (which are in reality I think free market + constitution worshippers), I disagree.

Obviously you will get people of all types posting articles of all types. I enjoy for a few reasons, mainly:

- You learn about what people read, and where they read it.
    - It's like a more diversified newspaper. It still has bias, but 10 types of bias is better than today's newspapers which hold at best 1 or 2 types of bias. There are people in there with a pro-America agenda, pro-liberal agenda, conservative, democrat, global, anti-human, whatever you like. On the other hand, the Huffington Post for example leans one away, and creates an ignorable space for alternate viewpoints.
    - There are many newspapers I have stopped/started reading based on the ability to compare different articles about the same subjects posted on reddit.

For my purposes, it's not like I believe everything I read, or that I only read things which I agree with. I want to get the best mix possible and frankly I haven't found a more efficient tool to achieve that.

The fact that Obama is on there choosing what to answer is a total joke though. No one should care about his answers to questions he has chosen to answer. More than likely he had decided which topics to get into beforehand, and prepared the answers beforehand. This is IMO another "I'm just like you" PR stunt for which Romney or McCain or Bush would be villified despite the fact that those people and Obama are all virtually equidistant from the life of the average American who posts on Reddit.

The only positive I see in this is it might create increased contact between the staunch supporters of the 2-faction business party with others. On a purely selfish level, I see it as a good thing for those supporters to see my opinion that supporting Obama or supporting Romney is ultimately supporting the same thing with non-central differences.

19. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. esteban

esteban Member

I have a couple of questions for B Kardashian:
    Have you seen 2016 and what do you think about the movie?
    Why won't you send your brother George in Kenya some money? His kid is really sick you know. Denesh D'Souza gave him 1 grand and now George said Denesh is his best friend.