1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason Gm 1] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 9, 2014.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Thats funny.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Even funnier. Winston= VY (just thugier)

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Will cost you a top 2 pick I think.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Thanks Mr JR...

There's some guys with some decent to good records in there. So I guess I can't use the BS excuse of O'Brien being a 1st time head coach...

I tried.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Well Remii, its still only the preseason, but I will give it to you that I did not expect things to look that bad. Not a good sign when I got worried everytime fitz dropped back.

Even I had some optimism issues after that game.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Can anyone list what QB's are out there that can be had? Either Free Agents or
    via Trade (Logical Trades) For Example: Mallet, Kirk Cousins

But regarding free agents?

7. Coogs12

Coogs12 Member

JR posted a quote from Peter King saying that Patriots might cut Ryan Mallet or get a 7th round pick for him.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=257082&page=18

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

at this point ill take anyone (and actualy not a big fan of Mallet, but this offense looked lost in that game, like they really didnt know what they were doing. Mallet is surely experience in this system.. just saying- give the dame 7rd pick if thats all it takes

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Would have loved to get Cousins. Back when the draft was coming up I thought it would have been best to bypass all the draftable QB's, get clowney, and trade for cousins. But not sure that Wash wants to let him go.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wasn't calling out Clowney..... coaching.

11. Major

Major Member

If Cousins gets traded, it's going to be a Schaub-type trade. Washington is going to get a real return and whoever trades for him probably has to sign him to a long-term deal to make it worth it - and then hope he turns out to be more Matt Schaub than Matt Flynn.

12. Remii

Remii Member

No lie my friend _ I didn't even expect Fitzpatrick to look that bad.

But Fitzpatrick isn't the only issue. That defense is. The defense put Fitzpatrick in the position where he had to be more than just a "game manger."

The Texans put all of their eggs in the defensive basket and hired an offensive minded head coach (giggles), so I'm paying more attention to that than the offense.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

So what I have learned about the Texans...their DBs are pathetic...and their starting QB is worse that Schaub...buckle up gentlemen...I must revise our team outlook...6-10 is now being optimistic...

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Has a franchise ever had back-to-back number one overall picks?

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Thank you. For making me feel like being a positive fan is just me getting swindled into buying timeshares for an outhouse in Ethiopia.

They didn't look good, lots of work to do, its still preseason.

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yea, it got to the point where every time he dropped back, I was worried. Just looked very uncomfortable out there. Our run defense looked very solid but after they ran it for 2 downs gaining a yard or so, they just threw it 12 yds with complete ease.

In my usual overly-optimistic way, I will say that foster will take some more load off fitz, and AJ can probably get more open (though not sure how much that will help) and cushing/joseph should help the secondary a good bit. Jackson didn't look too bad and Harris was God-Awful.

Looking forward to next weeks game.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Interesting to note that none of those franchises experienced turn-a-rounds or any degree of sustained success with those picks.

Especially in the modern-day NFL (where not only your first round picks are important... but pretty much your 1-3 need to make the roster, and you need to hit on a 4th every now and then)... you'll see which teams are built for sustained success as the ones who consistently draft successfully and don't get locked into awful cap-unfriendly deals.

19. Summer Song Giver

So essentially, the exact opposite of what we've endured here in Houston.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I wouldn't say surely. There was a one year overlap between the two in New England. Mallett has had a different OC and QB coach the last two years.

Also, Mallett looked like **** in his preseason game too. If you're already ready to get rid of Fitz because of a ****ty preseason game, I don't know why you'd be eager to deal for a guy who also had a ****ty preseason game.