1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Preseason Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drex22, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

I just bought tickets to really good seats for the preseason game against Portland on Oct. 18th in St. Charles Missouri which an hour or so from where I live. Does anyone know if Ming will be with the team by then? What can I expect from a preseason game? I am so excited because I have never seen the Rockets play in person and this is the only chance I will get without extensive travel unless St. Louis ever gets a team. I will bring a digi cam and take pics. If anyone could give me a heads up on when Ming should be with the team or what preseason games are like please let me know.

2. declan32001

declan32001 Member

What I've heard is Yao will join the Rockets October 15th, two weeks after camp starts.

3. Truth

Truth Member

That means he'll miss 2 games, against Memphis and San Antonio. But you'll be able to catch him. Congrats on the good tickets my BBS bother.

4. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

Does this mean that I could be amoung some of the first people to see Yao in a Rockets jersey? :D

5. Truth

Truth Member

Well, it's not THAT hard to figure out!!! My bad, I'm just jealous.:D

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Probably a half-empty arena and lackluster play, though the Rockets always seem to do well in the preseason. The Rockets will probably blow Portland out.

Have fun. I'll be enjoying a thrilling Utah-Seattle preseason game on October 6th. I'll take any chance the root against the Jazz in person I can get.

7. aznlincolnpark

Rox has a much better game than sonic or jazz :p

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That's true, but I'll take what I can get. I... need... basketball....