1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

predictions for this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brahma rocket, Oct 8, 2000.

1. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

steve francis , top 5 in scoring and assists , makes all star game

shandon anderson , performs much like last year , but offensively has improved alot.

cuttino mobley , averages close to 19 a game and passes the ball alot more

mo taylor , rebounds in double digits, scores close to 15 a game , defense is very good

kelvin cato , leads league in blocks and breaks all time record of most blocked shots in a season.

hakeem olajuwon , averages 10 rebs, 20 points , and 3 blks a game, makes all star game and wins the mvp award .

the rockets as a team finish the season 60-22

------------------
    johnny "red" kerr:i'm glad the bulls did'nt draft steve francis.

dan roan: why!!!!!

johnny red kerr:because he would forever be compared to michael jordan.

2. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

optimistic, aren't we [​IMG]

francis: 25 ppg 3.0 rpg 4.5 apg
    mobes: 17 ppg, but he also gets a lot of shots, so i his shot percentage will be in the mid 30s
    mo taylor: 12 ppg 6 rpg (this is optimistic for him)
    kelvin cato: 4 bpg but still jumps way too much and gives up a lot of layups to penetrators, i'd be happy with 10 ppg
    shandon anderson: will probably blow up this year for 15-18 ppg to go with major boards and a lot of putbacks
    hakeem olajuwon: 7 ppg, 8 rpg, 3.0 bpg

record 55-27

------------------
    barkley for president

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

I would give up any hopes of applying for local oracle if i were you [​IMG]

but then again, i guy can dream, can't he?

------------------
    By moonlight, we RIDE ten THOUSAND side by side...!

4. insideout

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He averaged 17 points and 6.5 rebounds per game on the Clippers. That's not optimistic at all. That's about the complete opposite from optimistic.

Francis: 21 ppg, 7 asst, 5 boards
    Mobley: 14 ppg (will be even better, but numbers will decrease a tad because less shots will be available)
    Shandon: 14 ppg (numbers add as his game grows, but not drastically because of number of shots available)
    Taylor: 16 ppg, 8 boards
    Hakeem: 8 ppg, 6 boards
    Cato: 8 ppg, 7 boards, 2.5 blocks (Numbers similar to last year due to more talent on this team but his game will be better)
    Walt: 11 ppg

50-32 record, 6th seed

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com http://www.noarena.net

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited October 08, 2000).]

6. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

*Maurice Taylor will grab 20 rebounds or more in a single game this year more than once.

*Hakeem Olajuwon plays spareingly yet, accepts his new role fittingly, which allows him to maintain good health throughout the season.

*Mobley and Francis will become nationaly recognized as the deadliest tandem in the NBA and argueably the greatest in history in only their second year together.

* Dan Langhis ferocious attitude on the court will reach the boiling point when after planting a vicious dunk on Scottie Quitens head he tells Pippen "don't you know i from Vandy, fool." ensuing a bench clearing brawl that afterwards creates rare team unity that the Rockets ride all the way to the playoffs.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited October 08, 2000).]

7. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Rocketbooster,

that last comment about langhi..hahha.. hillarious.. =) although i wouldn't doubt it's occurence. =)

-elie17

------------------
    Oh.. so this is how you add a signature huh? coo coo.

8. Toledoss

Toledoss Member

In many words we are the 00-01 NBA Champions

Houston rules

------------------

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Insideout, you think Stevie's rebounding and assist numbers will drop that much ?

------------------
    "Only Hakeem Olajuwon is a better athlete." Dick Versace, when referring to Antonio McDyess before the draft.

10. insideout

i think steve's gonna make a serious effort to light it up, so as opposed to last year where he consciously tried to dish the ball.. now it's his team so he's gonna try and score a lot more, thus rebounding and assists will decrease.. as for mo.. he has to share the ball with mobley, who's the second option now after the contract and steve and the stroker's from outside.. so his ppg will go down too i think.

------------------
    barkley for president