1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Texans Win Total 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cwebbster, Aug 22, 2016.

?

What range of wins will we get this year?

1. 10+ wins

60.6%
  2. 7 to 9 wins

35.8%
  3. 4 to 6 wins

2.4%
  4. 1 to 3 wins

1.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Losing to the Patriots without Brady, their starting RG, and their starting RT would be an absolute embarrassment. There's no excuse in losing that game whatsoever. If the Texans lose that game, they are a MUCH worse team than anyone here thinks and shouldn't sniff the playoffs.

The Broncos are in the same position the Texans were in last year with a solid defense and no QB, the Vikings are in a similar position only they have a really good RB. I'm thinking you are overrating those 2 teams.

As to the Raiders, they've made a lot of smart moves recently, but they still haven't been able to turn that into winning football so I'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

2. conquistador#11

11-5 is very doable. when people mention last year they don't mention what we had at qb and who we were missing at rb. give any team hoyer or mallet and they will struggle to win 4 games.
    Until most of the 0-line is back, I'd like to see a more balanced offense, rather than the ranked 9th in pass attempts that we were last year.

3. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

5-3 before Bye

5-3 after Bye

Looking over schedule, it actually looks tougher than I thought. Especially now that Jags amd Ten probably aren't gimmes anymore.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If we are missing 3 of our starting OL... And JJ Watt is out (or playing limited), then we are in just as much of a handicap situation. Brock isn't necessarily any better than Jimmy...but BB is a better coach than OB. Plus, it's a road game for the Texans. I don't expect to win that game, although I'm hopeful we can win. The Patriots are favored, rightfully so. Losing to them isn't the end of our season. Now, if we were healthy for that game and we lost, then it's bad... But we're dinged up.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Pats don't have a defense anywhere near as good as the Texans do, they don't have the running game the Texans do, they don't have as many receiving threats as the Texans do.

As to the O line, By week 3 Duane Brown and Derek Newton should be back by week 3 while the Patriots' starting RG and RT are not going to be back. The only starter who is in question for week 3 would be Nick Martin because it's not certain how long he'll be out.

Without Brady and missing 2 starting O lineman, there's no excuse in losing to the pats.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just going to throw a random wild guess and say 4-12.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Any given Sunday, folks. Maybe some have never heard of that. Ruling out the playoffs in the first couple weeks of the season is just silly.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe a little off topic, but what is the threshold for the "Fire BOB" chants? People predicting 12 or 14 wins...

If they go 8-8 or 7-9 how many people freak out? With some bad luck (say Duane Brown and Derek Newton have complications and miss the majority of the season, Nick Martin ends up on DL, and Tony Bergstrom ends up getting major reps) the offensive line could very easily fall apart. Maybe that results in QB's getting mashed and Brandon Weeden or some random chump off the street gets more starts than any other QB on the roster. Or if Lamar Miller tears an ACL, and Alfred Blue is again your starting RB for most of the season. It doesn't take much bad luck for things to fall apart in the NFL.

"Any given Sunday" cuts both ways. Every fan likes their team's chances in August.

Are people going to be going for the pitchforks if they don't steamroll over the rest of the league?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well for the intelligent fans, it depends why they have a bad season. If it's just bad luck and injuries, that's not on BOB, if it's lack of preparation or bad scheme, then it is on BOB.

That said, the dumb fans will be saying "FIRE BOB" every time the team loses a game no matter the reason.

To me, one of the worst things would be a slow start to the season with a team that looks unprepared. It's what happened last year and if it happens again, you can start to say that it is a shortcoming of BOB as a head coach.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good question. I think with at least 7 wins Bob can use the injury excuse (even though trading away so many picks contributes to lack of depth, as does overpaying average guys).

6-10 and the pitchforks come out.

11. Buck Turgidson

Yes, the how and why matter. I would add "poor personnel decisions" to your list of potential offenses.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Watt, Hopkins, Brown and Joseph were already here before BOB. Would like to see BOB show better ability to find stars for the future (Clowney could be one).

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, last year was a disaster due to 2 guys BOB vouched for at QB, he can't afford to make many more awful personnel decisions.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the defense and offensive line can stay healthy ....12-4.

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Extremely optimistic and confident bunch here. Texans O/U wins is set at 8.5, you guys should pounce on it and beat the books

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Random question but are you able to watch the regular season games on the xfinity tv app? I just downloaded it but I don't see the network where the games come on.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was 8.5 last season too and it was easy money then as well.

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

While it's true we could and should have won more games I wouldn't say it's easy if we barely went over the total. And I didn't mean my post to be condescending or anything; I really meant that a lot of posters here should be betting on it if they see us winning 10-12 games, which would imply the total is way off.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bobby what if we are still down both of our starting tackles, Martin and Watt on defense. Would you still consider a loss to them as an embarrassment?

Our biggest concern is our offensive line at this point.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Never mind Bobby you already addressed my question.

I'm late to the party city party.