1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Post-Coronavirus COVID-19 World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I may be wrong. 40 may have been a very low ballpark.

However, I think a lot of those low-tech third world areas don't get the proper reporting.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

One thing I didn't consider was how the pandemic would affect Gen-Z (Zoomer) hygiene, customs, style and health.

I live by a High School so I see these kids walking home. I've also observed some Zoomers at work in restaurants.

Many of them are very out of shape, either overweight or just floppy. Posture is bad (which may be in part due to phone addiction). Grooming is in the shitter, wrinkled clothes and unkempt hair. It's like the 1970's but instead of heroin-skinny being chic, it's roll out of bed after being in bed for three days.

Social interactions are pretty stunted too. When I interact with a Zoomer kid, they don't know how to talk half the time. We've always taught our kids to order their own food, talk to people, etc, so we don't see it as much with our kids, but with other kids, it's like zombies.

One thing I didn't anticipate was the massive demand for vacations and events. Concert tickets are bananas and vacations are $$$ right now. I know that the market will shift to accommodate the demand, but it's crazy that getting an AirBNB in Florida costs more than flying to an all-expenses-paid resort in Mexico.

cmoak1982 likes this.