1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Capela's salary in Restricted FA and whether we match!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Dec 3, 2017.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

If his price is too high or hinder is from getting Lebron, as morey said
    "The teams that find the Chandler Parsons, not the ones that pay them the max, are the ones that succeed long term"

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Apparently Bobby Marks thinks there’s not enough money in the FA market this summer. Too much supply and not enough demand. Superstars and star players are gonna get paid but everyone else isn’t going to get very much. He’s saying it’s the worst summer to be a FA.

Looks like Capela might be retained for less than some of us fear. But then again Cubes gonna Cube.

hakeem94 and bilaal14 like this.
  3. trugoy

trugoy Member

For all the posters saying let him go if he demands a max, please name a replacement. Capela is the BEST FA center this year, for every single team needing a center, he will be the FIRST FA to get offers from everyone.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What teams are those?

Rocket River

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Parsons came to free agency (twice) under conditions extremely favorable for free agents. This offseason will end up being a bad one for impending free agents, including unrestricteds (Ariza) and restricteds (Capela) both.

Don’t forget that teams that offer contracts to RFA have to commit to losing that cap room for 48hrs and can’t sign other people with that space in the interim. It’s a significant opportunity cost for anyone trying to make an early FA splash.

7. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i see Sacramento as a place that is could use Capella, The way they are currently playing fits. The largest salary on the team is George Hill and it is rumored that he wants out and maybe traded. If he is gone and they do not take much salary or take on non Guarenteed salaries, i could see a big offer coming from there

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: *IF* a team signs him to an offer .. . and the rockets plan to match . . .. can that match be in the form of a sign and trade?

Rocket River

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

they would need capela why? they have their own pick and roll center theyre trying to develop in WCS w/ their other young bigs Labissiere/Papagiannis. They also have Koufos. not sure where capela comes in to play here

10. trugoy

trugoy Member

Lakers will use their space if they strike out on Lebron & PG, Capela makes both Lonzo and Ingram better by being a willing P'n'R partner, and Capela fits their timeline.

Dallas has always wanted a Centre, and now that they have Dennis Smith Jr, they need a great pick and roll center for his development.

Even Chicago depending on draft could use Capela.

Basically any teams that have young developing point guards need Capela to accelerate their growth. He will not be short of suitors.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was reading that most of those teams will be in the Lottery
    And 4 out of the 7 top picks will be Centers

Rocket River

12. trugoy

trugoy Member

Lakers don't have their own pick this year.

Bulls and Dallas will depend on draft, but if they don't draft a centre, then Capela becomes the top target because he is still a young vet with playoff experience but still young enough to form a core.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I always shudder to make thee kind of predictions because NBA GM's seem to be truly incompetent bunch, but nobody should use up valuable cap space to sign Capela expecting him to elevate your franchise.

He's become a damn good player, but he's still only a good not dominant defender overall, and his offense is completely reliant on great playmakers. If you cap yourself out getting Capela, then your guys in house better be pretty damn good.

The team he would be most effective on is the team he's currently playing for.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not proud of finding that boy that became the douche.

Why did we not find the Kawhis, the McGradys, the Arenases, the Ginobilis or Parkers?

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I don't think so. Once an offer sheet is signed I don't think the offering team can engage in a S&T. I think a S&T would need to be done beforehand. i.e. Team A would need engage the rockets to see if that were an option and go that route before offering the contract. I think

Rocket River likes this.
  16. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I have a feeling that Capela will stay loyal to Houston and take a discount to stay. Just my gut. He looks like he enjoys playing here and knows his success is mostly due to Harden and MDA's system.

17. phantoman

I would trade Koufus and Papagiannis have a rotation of Capella/Stein/ young big. Labisseire is a PF. Trading Koufus and Pap could yield a signficant Piece, They have a good team as it is but need 1 star player to get them to the play offs along with a player like capella.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

True, but when Cubes tried to cube last time, Morey called his bluff and cubes lost. Cubes might be more interested in worrying about his own rebuild and cost allocations than worrying about the Rockets.

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Wouldn't the Kings be better off taking a bunch of bad contracts and trying to convert them into picks in 2019 (where they don't have a 1st)? They have the worst record in the NBA and they will be drafting in a class where 4 of the top 6 prospects are either PF/Cs.

20. phantoman

might be a good point, i wasnt looking at the draft class. - but unloading some players to get more picks would be good also.