1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prayers & Well Wishes Please....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

One of my best friends' mother is currently in the hospital since Monday night. She's currently already battling cancer, and of all unfortunate things, left the hospital Monday night and got into a major crash with an SUV. She had internal bleeding, as well as various lacerations, brain damage, etc. She's currently still in ICU in critical condition, unresponsive, breathing with the help of a machine. They've helped sew things up inside and stop the bleeding but she has a preexisting condition in her leg that's causing some sort of virus or something to spread into the blood so they might have to amputate one leg.

They're doing an EEG currently to figure out if she's in a coma or what the deal is with that. Not to mention they're under time constraints as she is a cancer patient and has diabetes so they have to take all these factors into consideration.

It's been a series of horrible events after horrible events. Unbelievably devastating news and I'm trying to help my friend deal with it as it comes.

:(

Please take time out and shoot up a prayer to the most high for her and her mother. if you have local churches, mosques, synagogues, temples that do group prayers, I kindly request that her thoughts be added.

Thank you once again in advance. This is yet another reason why the CF.net family is one I consider close since July 2000.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Talk about bad to more bad... :eek:

Good thoughts and hope for the best, sir. :(

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Prayers and thoughts for your friend and for you helping her!

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

A noble and difficult task, much props and strength to you. Prayers to her and your friends extended family and friends.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My dad once passed out while driving during the span when he was going through chemo treatments.

It's tough, and I hope she pulls through. And when she does, I'd spend a little more time getting to know her. Sounds cheesy, but you have that option until you don't.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Prayers and thoughts are out sir.

7. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

wow.. can't take life for granite. Prayer and best wishes to her and her close ones. I hope she can get well soon

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Hope she can recover. Prayers for the family.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I don't get these threads.

Why put it on a message board.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because this is a community and in tough times we like to have the support of the community.

Rockets R Us hope your friend's mom pulls through.

11. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

I don't get these type of responses. Why do you even post on the message board? Clearly the OP is just asking for some well wishes during a difficult time, he feels close enough to the BBS community to post about it.

Prayers sent.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Fair enough.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I pray that she recovers; stories like this are so sad. I just trust God surrounds people in situations like these with a special dose of grace. That is what I have observed when visiting them in hospitals and nursing homes. One friend who just turned 50 is in a nursing home because of a brain tumor. When I leaned down to try to understand him he said that he was blessed and the angels were all around. I lost it.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hoping for the best for her and her family. Hope she recovers well.

15. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

16. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

:( damn sad story. thoughts are with her

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

We pray for healing and peace.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Best wishes, hope she's able to recover

19. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Why post in threads that you don't get. :rolleyes:

I've spent a little over a decade on/off this board. It's a community of attachment I suppose. Let me know when you spend 8 more years here, how you feel bout it. Although the internet I'm sure will have evolved to something even more then what we had imagined it was back in 1996-1999 when I was trolling or in the early days when I joined.

As for everyone else, thanks for your well wishes. Her mother's still in the hospital. Still in same condition. :(