1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pray for Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eurobasket23, Mar 10, 2023.

1. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

I hope you play in a systematic team with a coach who will appreciate your talent.
    or your team fire him and hire the HIM

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The way Silas treats Sengun is deplorable.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sengun only fans are so fking weird. Acting like senguns the only one getting screwed over by the incompetent silas.

Garuba even less mins, great defender, potential Sniper and a good team player. Only got 10 mins of playing time on his own birthday

Jc. Had great potential last season gets less mins this season and wasn't even allowed to play Real mins after the first 40ish games.

Tyty. Shows good ball control potential starting pg material gets sent down to rgv while bum nix and kpj pretend to b pgs.

Smith. Man gets no plays designed for him and is force to role-play as a scarecrow on offense while forced to play heavy mins.

Green was forced a year deferring to the likes of wood and kpj. Sht system and lack of pg is preventing him the chance to shine even brighter.

The whole team needs a pg and everybody suffers from it. But woe is me poor Ole sengun is the only victim. So fking annoying.

I don't even think sengun is the one getting screwed over the most by silas nor does he needs our prayer

#3 DatRocketFan, Mar 10, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    34to11, JoeBarelyCares, jdhi and 26 others like this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I don't think we have to worry about Alp. He is a world class player and lots of opportunities waiting for him. We have to pray for Rockets instead.

Bad management, bad coaching, worse media, hopeless announcer/commentator (Hollins), clueless fanbase, worst team of the last two seasons and still at the bottom of WC . What worse can be happen to a franchise?

5. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

i

i agree with your content ,
    pray for sengun, garuba , tyty , tari , gup
    or just pray for silas :)) i dont think he is tanking, , this iswhat silas is; a bad coach

napalm06 and HardenReturns like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I hope this franchise moves to las vegas...need a fresh start...this city is not basketball city...perhaps in a new location they can begin some new basketball story...
    there's no point in playing bb in front of an empty gym

7. fattz

fattz Member

I take it you haven’t been to a game in the past few years. Nothing better than feeling ripped off while in a parking lot filled with others feeling the same way. I refuse to keep doing it. They need to make a change and the seats will fill up with people again. Side note just because the seat is empty doesn’t mean it’s not paid for.

HD729 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont think he is a bad coach, the coach that knowns how to sabotage this well must have some insight...

Coaches, just like is the case with certain public servants, they are paid so little in proportion to how much power they have, so they leverage their power to get a huge payback on black market instead of just doing their job and be paid little...

imho simply theres no incentive for him for his team to play well(tilman wont give him a higher salary) and probably there is plenty of incentive to go after his nepotistic interests...nba is a huge bureaucracy...and players(even the bad and mediocre ones) are paid a lot more than coaches, so certainly he is probably much better off finances wise by getting a cut from an undeserving player next contract than getting the biggest gig in nba...

so basically he has more incentive for his favorites to do well rather than his team...this is also done a lot by public servants that get paid under the table to favor certain parts of the public to the detriment of the others or the majority...

how is this done i have no clue ..probably players agencies facilitate this and silas is long enough in this league so he is probably well connected into this bureaucracy and they just keep going doing little favors to each others...but you can bet you life this is a common occurence...this is just how the market solves its inefficiencies...

w/l balance or player development is the least and the last of their concerns..this is just not what is going to get you paycheck...

Coaches, just like is the case with certain public servants, they are paid so little in proportion to how much power they have, so they leverage their power to get a huge payback on black market instead of just doing their job and be paid little...

Ankara1923 and eurobasket23 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not sure what the case is but i repeatedly hear the excuses the seats are empty but they are paid for....LOL

this sounds like a big scam or a money laundering scheme

nba owners found some loophole in the law to get paid for the tickets and seats eg without really selling them to the bb fans

perhaps they sell it to some organizations or businesses who in favor get absolved from paying taxes or something...and dont even have a slightest interest in going to the games LOL

or they simply dont care if the tickets are sold......i dont think nba owners are incentivized to win games... nba is imho just a cover for a huge operation of fixing bets and other shady things...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

When Fans want Silas Fired and the same Bad Offense is continuing the same boring KPJ Iso ball offense or Daishen Nix slow lateral defense. Zero defensive gameplan is shown.

Empty Stadium is the result

Tari Eason I really believe should be Starting over KJ Martin. Tari Eason has High IQ, he can defend laterally using his speed, uses his hands to deflect passes or steals the ball, he can create offense on fast breaks because he has better handles.

KJ Martin is really limited in handles, cant create for others, really is cutter and Alley Oop Dunker. He can come of the bench

TyTy Washington should be Starting and the Rockets are Intentionally are wasting TyTy time and development.

PG TyTy Washington
    SG Jalen Green
    SF Tari Eason
    PF Jabari Smith
    C Alperen Sengun

SG Josh Christopher
    PF KJ Martin
    C Usman Garuba

#10 rockets1995, Mar 10, 2023
    AroundTheWorld and Ankara1923 like this.
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Pray for the GARM

also why the **** didn't SIlas play Alpi in OT???

12. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

13. WestendMassive

Anyone who has paid to go to a Rockets game in the past 3 years deserves a refund, free courtside seats to a future game and a meet and greet with Dream and Rudy.

I can't imagine being a season ticket holder throughout this shitshow. I love the Rockets and watch every game but it only costs me an international league pass subscription, which isn't very much.

Although I'm not sure how a Fire Silas chant hasn't broken out in the TC. If I was able to get to a game it would be my sole objective to start one

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I was at the Brooklyn game on Tuesday. I booed when they announced Silas but to my amazement the only other person I heard boo was my son next to me.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

thoughts and prayers

gws breh

16. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I am a STH, and I haven't been able to even give tickets away a lot of the time this year. When I can't go to a game I routinely have to contact a dozen people before I can get someone to say yes to taking the tickets.

WestendMassive likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

On my first trip to the States I spent roughly $10k on Rockets tickets alone (I was just about to go into the Army so figured I wouldn't have another chance for a long time)

The highlight of that was a Kevin Martin 40 piece against the Heatles and a monster Patrick Patterson putback dunk on NYE. Aka, not great times.

Last trip was right after the team traded for Westbrook, I went to one game because I wanted to say I'd seen Harden in person.

This current trip I'm on, avoiding Houston like the plague. I just hope Tilman doesn't take much of my money seeing the Rockets play in San Antonio.

I hate his entire bloodline.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wonder how Sengun feels about having such dramatic Turkish fans haha Someone should ask him in an interview, I bet he'd crack up

34to11, HP3, don grahamleone and 2 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Yung-T, Tfor3, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Pray for @hakeem94! She's obvioulsy in a very dark place at the moment! o_O

Go Rockets!!!

#20 BamBam, Mar 10, 2023