1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prank call on ESPN (fake Brian Westbrook)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Sounded like a white man. I don't get how ESPN could allow that to happen.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Captain Janks back to his old work. Now if he'd only pay back all of the bar owners he ripped off.

And ESPN, nothing but tards. How could you morons even let that get through? Bwahaha!!!

3. Poloshirtbandit

First thing I thought. The guy sounded nothing like Westbrook.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

ROFLMBFBO

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That is hilarious but what is the deal with Howard Stern in these prank calls?

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If you don't know Captain Janks or listen to the Stern show you probably won't get the references from the show that he makes.

He's pranked Larry King, CNN/MSNBC/FOX News MULTIPLE times...basically anything that is a major network, he's pranked 'em.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard it on the radio. I was hoping he would have taken it further but saying "you dont know this is a prank call dumbass?" was pretty good.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I was wondering the same thing. It don't understand how or why this could happen. Did he just get the number to sportscenter, call them, and pass himself off as Westbrook. It makes no sense to me.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know in this case, but a lot of times the celebrity will call in and then the interviewees (espn here) will ask trivia about the person. I'd imagine with enough research you could answer the questions correctly.

10. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Hahahaha, Van Pelt's face was priceless!

11. Asian Sensation

12. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Van Pelt is not having a good week:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7z3wYkrafk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7z3wYkrafk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

I tuned in just in time to see his apology following that. What was he saying? F$&@ i got to....? pee?

14. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

http://deadspin.com/5481219/espns-scott-van-pelt-explains-why-he-f+bombed

ESPN's Scott Van Pelt Explains Why He F-Bombed

ESPN SportsCenter anchor Scott Van Pelt has unfortunately been YouTube kindling twice this week, but has handled both incidents remarkably well. He explains last night's open mic screw-up in an email to Deadspin.

Van Pelt realized the slip-up early on and independently contacted the Deadspin I-Team to clarify why he was heard mumbling "F***, I gotta go" on last night's 11 p.m. SportsCenter. It turns out, he's been battling a sinus infection the last couple weeks. Last night, the post-nasal drip won.:

I thought I was gonna pass out.

Sick as a dog...couldn't breath through my nose....reading copy...reading copy....reading bumps.......hit break

I say what I think is off air.....but it's NOT.

And Boom goes the dynamite.

Again.

For what it is worth.

Although it is not condoning the use of "f***" on-air, according to Twinkie the intern, ESPN doesn't have any plans to punish SVP in any capacity at this time.