1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

PPat: James is great..but we gotta share the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 24, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

he speaks the truth. Democratic ball is beautiful, but damn grab a mother f'n rebound m'fer!

2. Orange

Orange Member

Who does this scrub think he is. Bow down to the Beard!!!

3. Orange

Orange Member

HAHAHAHHA!! I love how you didnt add no one just took Patterson out.

4. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

any and every player at the nba level can score, lets get that out of the way first. sure not everyone is a superstar who can score at will, but its the coach's job to create plays that give everyone opportunities to score. everything falls back on the coaches.

5. Fighton

Fighton Member

this is frustration talk from pat after a loss... somehow i get the sense that he probably regrets what he said to the media.

however, the fact that someone on the team is airing this out to the media is a red flag - usually things like this are kept in-house, if you believe that the coaches are addressing it and it's something that's being worked on. when someone feels the need to address this in public, you've got issues that needs to be addressed asap. wonder if the media will follow up on this and poke around a little bit more. but then again, maybe no one really takes it seriously because it's coming from pat.

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I think most fans here put a blame of ISO or hero ball on the coaches. That is the game plan what coaches wanted.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Patterson actually shot pretty well until the recent games.

This is the chicken and egg thing. If the shooters aren't hitting, you can't fault Harden for not trying hero ball. Yet, hero ball tends to make the teammates more passive. So that's a vicious cycle there.

It's just too much standing around on both ends of the floor.

Anyway, losing can do that to a team: finger pointing. Look at the Lakers.

8. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

is it? if it was then why did 2pat talk bout trusting the system? :confused:

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Trust is a very delicate emotion, that usually
    requires you to be trustworthy
    .....I think PPat
    should of kept quiet. Regardless I think he knows
    he's being shoped around and the pressure is
    getting to him.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

100% right on. When Melo was putting up big scoring numbers every night and still losing he took the hit. That's the way it should be. If you win the star player gets most of the credit, and if you lose they get the blame. It's fair.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

THIS.

13. conquistador#11

that's silly. The Fuhrer didn't stop running his offensive war machine just because they lost everyone due to injury. Nor did the the fuhrer change his machine because he had new parts in yao and tmac**.

A glorious man does not question his ideals because all of the sudden he has a new toy. He sticks to his philosophy and gets everyone to believe in the system, no special treatment, even the star player.

**turned out they were refurbished parts.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He's completely right and it doesnt mean hes putting blame on Harden. This is part of the learning process for being the man.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

lmfaaoooo at all the hate for ppat for speaking the truth.

HARDEN IS A SHAMELESS BALL HOG WHO HANDLES THE BALL WAY TOO MUCH.

i mean wtf does ppat being a bad rebounder have to do with harden being a brick laying chucker?

16. Nook

Nook Member

Every player in the NBA can score? Really, what does that even mean. The question is how efficient they can score and how consistently. The Rockets have no other consistent scorers. Right now the second option is Parsons!

It isn't the coaches job to get everyone opportunities to score. I am not sure where you got that from. The Rockets are devoid of ready talent. The worst thing to happen to the team was to get hot, because people now have unrealistic expectations. This was a 25-30 win team all along.

17. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Wow!

Ppat plays soft, but talks tough!

To all the people saying STFU, err why?

He's telling the truth, James is trying to do too much and it's to the detriment of the team. To people who think that because James is getting his points and the others aren't making their shots, then it's OK for James to carry on taking as many bad shots as he has done in these last couple games don't know the game well......you need to think about your team mates, and how it impacts them, how their effort on D goes down, how when the few times they get the ball they are reluctant to give the ball up, how they can't be bothered to run...it all adds up.

Case in point, there was a 2 on 1 break in the Nuggets game, Harden and Parson, Parson was wide open, a simple pass would have got Parsons a dunk, but no James took it himself. That layup / dunk could have motivated Parsons to a better game, as it was Chandler had a meh game.

The thing is, James gets the ball a ton already and he can go get his any time, he needs to recognise that when he has the chance to easily set up a team mate, he should do it. And to be fair to him, early on in the season and certainly back in OKC, he virtually always made the right play.

18. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I am also confused. Harden has been doing this for the last few games, if coaches dont like it, they must have talked to him, if not, then they must think it is all right to play ISO ball. Whatever, I blame coaches. But I am not pro, just my eye test.:grin:

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if he doesnt stand up for this who will? McHale?!??!

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think you understand the Rocket system. If you want passing I am sure Harden can pass to Lin on the perimeter, then Lin can pass to Parsons on the perimeter and then Patterson can take a long three on the perimeter.

As for the Fuhrer, how did that turn out?