1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power of clutchfans i need your help to promote my new app

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Jun 25, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You should scroll down and check out the post from DID_IT_HAPPEN. LMAO.
    I thought it was OP for a second, but its really just some troll impersonating him.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow....not what I was expecting in this thread.

[​IMG]

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yeah, I get reddit mail whenever someone responds to it. It's been constantly orangered for the last hour...

4. RedRedemption

If you're lucky you might make front page. I'm not sure what the qualifications are for making front page though. There are links up there with only like 300 upvotes.

5. Depressio

r/all? Nah, nothing from a smallish subreddit like r/android and make the front page. I have made it there once with this link though. The karma flood tasted like rainbows, that day.

6. RedRedemption

Reddit can be harsh sometimes.
    Karma is hard to come by. :(

7. teknokid

teknokid Member

owned lol . this is epic.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

especially, in r/nba. The place to get downvoted to hell because you like a certain team.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You should be ashamed of yourself. It's not like it's some rookie coming in and trying to scam people. Coach is a good-standing member here and has done nothing but good. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this.

I downvoted your trolling reddit thread too. I invite other longstanding clutchfans members to do the same.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/vl7tk/guy_on_forum_wants_his_app_promoted_acknowledges/

Go away and be an internet reddit karma w**** if that's your bag. Enjoy the rainbows. You just got into the same category as Cowboy Bebop in my book.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Uh...benefit of the doubt about what?

1 person likes this.
  11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

No need to defend me. The only thing i violate on the TOS is this

and not because of the push ad notification. So they remove my app. I just want forget i ever made this thread

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That the whole thing was malicious. Tsmalls' comments here and on reddit weren't warranted.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Stop whoring on Android, Google Play and Clutchfans
    My whoring on Reddit will stop you

So this is the way the world operates now

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

hey coach, didn't you tell me you had another app that was removed/you removed for some reason too? i thought you had an issue with the reviews for it IIRC.

I don't know that I'd call it malicious either, but if I'm reading correctly, nothing Tschmal posted is untrue though.

I wish I had seen the original Play store posting, because it doesn't seem everyone was given the heads up about what the app was actually going to do that CF was, but I don't know I didn't read it. Sounds like the permissions it was asking for were a bit much as well.

Regardless, I suppose I could understand how such things would frustrate those Android users who care about the quality of their product/services.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OP, if you want respect....what you should do is create an app like a flashlight app that secretly unlocks Iphone tethering.......now THAT is something to support.

DD

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

[​IMG]

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

In addition to everything else, this seems to be a blatant misuse of the CF rep feature.

18. Depressio

Heh. I did nothing malicious. I merely went to reddit to vent how ridiculous I thought this guy was for trying to pump his adware up so unsuspecting users could download it and blow through their batteries and get spammed. I didn't ask reddit to report him. I didn't ask reddit to give him 1 star ratings. I just merely pointed out how ridiculous I thought it was.

Unless, of course, you can show me where I asked people to report/attack his app?

What's malicious is trying to get your app to be popular (falsely) so you can push ads to less educated Android users, all the while reading their browser history and location, draining battery to make you a few fast bucks. Pointing this out and getting angry about it isn't malicious whatsoever.

But, whatever. You can give him the benefit of the doubt because of his reputation level on ClutchFans. Oh wait, I'm at the same level. You're not going to give me the benefit of the doubt, too? You're not going to look at the facts of the situation objectively? I guess there's no sense in continuing to ramble to you, then, is there?

19. Depressio

The description on Google Play didn't say anything about the ads... not how they were pushed, not how they drain battery, not even that there WERE any ads. If he had said everything he did to the folks in the description for the app itself, I probably wouldn't have been so pissed because at least he'd be giving people a heads up: "hey, my app is going to annoy the crap out of you, but..."

20. RedRedemption

This. People also hate on my mixes. :'(
    Tough crowd!