1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Point Guard Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Doesn't SAS renouncing joseph mean he's UFA and therefore harder for us to acquire without using the MLE? I don't see how SAS is motivated enough the trade him to us, even for a couple 2nd rounders. We are in direct competition with them.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This guy gets it, as far as how Morey thinks. Any talk of "win now" from the FO is to to be believed when seen only.

3. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Well looks like we got pat so:

We should look at one of these guys.....

A. Brooks
    J. Lin
    R. Stuckey
    C. Joseph

I'm not really on board with all of the trading scenarios as I think we should stay more flexible during the season..... I'd say find a taker for prigs+Dorsey to make roster space..... And go into next year keeping the team chemistry in tact....... Let these guys have an offseason together and grow.....

(I'm a bit biased cause I'd like PAP to stay.) foreign players almost always struggle the 1st year..... I think he could be really good for us. And plus you gotta love what this kid is made of......

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yep, we're apparently still in beta testing of Pursuit

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Its hard to trade for a valuable experienced PG for one with just potential and nothing else.

We've got time, I wouldn't rush/push anything just to get another filler PG.

I like the Dekker pick over Grant. Obviously Grant will get a majority of the minutes and will look a lot better than Dekker, since we're a contender and NY is looking for mere serviceable starters. I'd hold off on the "ballin" assertions till about season 3.

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

stucky is gone

7. dmoneybangbang

This isn't a front office that believes in going all in. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing when you look at the context of the nba and especially the western conference.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant believe the whole weekend went by and not one mention about rockets looking for a pg. i am a wee bit concerned

[​IMG]

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

They certainly believe in telling us that they're going all in.

10. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Well ****!

Bring on Mo Williams

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What the hell Morey is doing in the past 2 days after LMA landing Spurs???

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For the vet minimum.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

You sir are pretty smart. Good post

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder what it would take to get Avery Bradley from Boston. He can be a good fit with the current group.

Celtics made the playoffs, but Ainge is definitely still open to asset flipping.

15. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Now Stuckey and Watson are off the free agency list. We can't go back in to the season with Terry and Prigioni as backups pg and with no new play makers. Barring a semi-major trade that's the direction we are headed.

16. omgTHEpotential

Don't laugh, but I think a Lithuanian DMo-Kalnietis connection could be cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LmlPnbOTmU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9LPRGcqMPck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe as a third-string PG? :D

17. malakas

malakas Member

Mo will sign with the Cavs for the vet min.

18. spark06

spark06 Member

I know he's not a PG, but the Lakers are actively seeking out a trade for Nick Young. He could spell Beverley/Harden here and there. Obviously high risk and by no means ideal, but just an option I'm throwing out there. K. Pap for Nick Young?

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

#Mavs have had conversations with Jason Terry about returning to Dallas. (Via @ESefko)

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hadn't considered that. It speaks well for him that Pop kept him around as long as he could. But the possibility he is a product of their system definitely still exists.