1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Point Guard Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jul 5, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dwain Price is Cuban's mouthpiece.

2. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Bradley is not a ball handler

3. R=$

R=$ Member

MOOCHIE - he can meet is illegitimate son P. Bev. :eek:

4. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

and he can't pass the ball very well.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Because he doesn't play any defence and Skiles is the coach. Also too much young talent
    Other potential Orlando targets that are extremely probable to be sold in the following year for VETS are harkless and frye.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

TJ is just as much of a vet as Fournier, and plays no defense either. And would trade TJ for Frye right now. Frye would be a great fit on the Rockets.

Maybe Fournier and Frye for TJ, Kpaps and rights to a Euro (not named Llull)?

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Moochie is literally a retired bald guy now. Coaches a close relative of mine, very nice guy.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OKC will likely match, + then look to deal Novak/Augustin/PJII for $0. But POR is forcing their hand. Lots of teams were rooting for this.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/619225276602560512">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ might be on the block

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Could we trade a bunch for Lilliard? POR is tanking anyways.

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Rockets could probably absorb Augustin and one of Novak or Jones and give up no assets beyond Papa's contract.

Augustin isn't near a perfect fit, but to get him without giving up any real assets is quite appealing. Augustin and Novak for Papa's NGC gets you a PG, who should be at least as good as any non big trade candidate (like Lawson or Lowry) and both he and Novak are expirings, so they come off the books for 2016 AND are additional salary during the season, which could help facilitate a PG upgrade during the season. The Rockets could even take Jones, too, by adding Prigioni to the deal, but he obviously holds a small guarantee, which might not be ideal for OKC.

11. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

No, they aren't. AND No. Portland wouldn't trade Lilliard for every player/asset we had (outside of Harden and Howard) and even Howard would have to have a lot more than just him attached.

12. spark06

spark06 Member

I would gladly welcome Augustin back to Texas!

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Augustin will be a nice pick up at this point.

14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I really would love for us to get Lawson but I am not sure what we would offer DEN. Another guy I keep hearing we are really interested in is Ricky Rubio. Now that SAC traded McCallum to SA I don't think they are trading Collison away. As for Jennings I haven't heard anything about the Pistons shopping him. Augustin, Lawson, and Rubio are the only guys at this point that I have heard are being shopped.

15. do work son

do work son Member

rubio is the worst shooting point guard ever. no thank you to paying him 10 million.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Story going online now: ESPN sources say Deron Williams seeking release from Brooklyn Nets so he can sign with his hometown Dallas Mavericks</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/619392514642948096">July 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Another reason to hate that guy....

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Atleast Dallas will sell some tickets as they try to win the lottery the next 5 seasons

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Unfortunately I think a trade for Lawson is the best chance the Rockets have now to add another ball handler and to sure up the PG position.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

why unfortunately? I think Lawson would be a great add.

Another question, what PG's out there can assist and shoot the 3? I mean that is what our team does.. the long ball.. or is this not something we want out of our PG?